Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my tie rod system. There is significant play on the right front wheel, causing the steering to feel a bit lazy. Does the tie rod system come as a single unit (that includes the left and right side) or can I buy them for the right side only? About how much should they cost? How much should I expect to pay for the labor to install them?

Thanks for your feedback in advance. I am tired of being ripped off and want to get some guidance from the experts on this forum.

Regards

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Depending if you have a warranty and what it coveres, it should be covered. I am getting mine replaced, along with some other suspension and steering parts, right now. I get my car back on MOnday. Everything was covered under warranty. I think there is a tie rod end for each side of the car, and then a tie rod assembly (drag link) that connects both sides together and I think that includes the tie rod ends also. If you replace one side.. it might a good idea to do both sides. A tie rod end should run you under 50 bucks per side.. or the whole tie rod assembly is around 200-300 (without labor). As far as labor, I am not sure... a few hundred bucks easily. Just expect to probably pay twice as much if you get it done at a mercedes dealership. I know they told me, if it wasnt covered under warranty, I was looking at about $2000 worth of work being done... i was getting the drag link, tie rods, control arms, idle arms, and a few other things being replaced. More than likely... they will try to convince you to replace it all at the same time, depending on your mileage... around 60k is when they say you should start swapping these parts out. These are just assumptions since my CLK320 is in the shop for the exact same reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts