Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this forum & MBworld, but can't seem to find any definitive answer. On my last oil change, i check on one of the tie rod end. I tried to twist it on its axis & it did rotate without any effort at all, very loose. Doesn't seem normal but would like to confirm with the gurus on this forum. What are the implications if left in this condition? Anybody have any experience with URO or Pex brand tie rod ends? Appreciate any help, as always.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps----if you can turn the tie rod end, that is not good as I suspect that you are somewhat out of alignment. The data sheets suggest not to reuse the locking nut regardless of the brand of tir rod end you use. When you change the ends look at the boots, if they are damaged now is the time to change them---Good luck!!

·
Registered
2000 E320
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes it's out of alignment & the tires will need replacement. Just wearing out the tires so I can change the ball joints & tie rod ends at the same time. Which boot are you referring to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts