Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
33,046 Posts
Are you a natural dumb shit or do you have to work at it?
Wow.

Not only are you condescending and pretentious but you have a foul mouth too.

You must be fun at parties.

·
Registered
1985 280SL (Euro)
471 Posts
Wow.

Not only are you condescending and pretentious but you have a foul mouth too.

You must be fun at parties.
You have zero evidence for either of those assertions. As to the foul mouth "dumb shit" is comparatively mild to what I read here on a regular basis, however if offense has been taken, substitute "wiseass" for "dumb shit". While I respect your obvious depth of knowledge re the 107's your frequent "smart" comments rarely add much to the conversation. I merely pointed that out. Both our opinions have now been expressed. Let's leave it at that shall we?

·
Registered
95 SL600
604 Posts
Canadiens not getting along? That little Trudeau must really be getting to you folks eh? I’ve got an r230 that I’m thinking about doing this treatment to.

·
Registered
1971 w108 280SE 3.5 & 1982 w107 500SL
308 Posts
Good opinion, but he has a 4wd r107 and you have your opinion.
And (a) that car was headed for the scrap heap anyway before he got hold of it, and (b) he's kept that car and uses it on his farm (watch his latest tv series 'Clarkson's Farm'). Personally, if the purpose of this thread is to get the opinions of people that use this forum, then I'd rather be seen in Clarkson's car before the one at the start of this thread with the modified wheel arches, but it's not my car and if you like it, go for it.

·
Registered
95 SL600
604 Posts
I believe if the wheel selection was widened, the car lowered, bumpers tucked or thrown away, and the flares went down farther it may work better.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
13,176 Posts
You have zero evidence for either of those assertions. As to the foul mouth "dumb shit" is comparatively mild to what I read here on a regular basis, however if offense has been taken, substitute "wiseass" for "dumb shit". While I respect your obvious depth of knowledge re the 107's your frequent "smart" comments rarely add much to the conversation. I merely pointed that out. Both our opinions have now been expressed. Let's leave it at that shall we?
I have seen many no value added wise comments all in fun, but where did you see other people calling someone a dumb shit on this forum?

·
Registered
1985 280SL (Euro)
471 Posts
I have seen many no value added wise comments all in fun, but where did you see other people calling someone a dumb shit on this forum?
I was going to let sleeping dogs lie, but something about this situation still rankles so here we go. As Roncallo said, he's seen many no value added comments all in fun. However labelling someone as predictable cannot in any way be termed a fun comment. Predictable is actually a mean word when applied to a person. It implies a lack of imagination and an inability for original thinking, perhaps even a limited way of looking at and reacting to things - hardly sterling character traits. In any context it is a derogatory adjective and it being directed at me without cause annoyed me considerably. On reflection my reaction was a touch intemperate however Nobby and I have never met. We have not even had any personal correspondence, so how could this person, whose actual knowledge of me had to be limited to the place I live and the cars I drive have the temerity to judge me as anything, leave alone predictable? I still think Clarkson is a jackass (an opinion shared by many by the way). He is a love him or hate him kind of guy and revels in the controversy he creates.
As a footnote, while I regret the use of the phrase dumb shit, I should point out that both words and the phrase itself are in common use and hardly merit the soubriquet of foul mouth. I would also love to know to whom I condescended and in what way I am pretentious? The person who applied those two adjectives to me should in future try to discover the meaning of words before using them.

·
Registered
1980 300D,1983TD,1978CDparts car/potential ratrod
16 Posts
If you don't care about resell value--what you spent on it means dog squat---GO for it,cars should be individual...I'm about to resto-mod a 78 300CD....yanking diesel(to play with)and putting in a basically stock 210hp V6.I realize the car will have no value as a collector and don't care,it for my own pleasure.

·
Registered
2005 SL500, 2011 GL350
430 Posts
View attachment 2732688 View attachment 2732689

I realize my build will definitely not be to everyones liking but thought I would share. The blue car above is mine which I have photoshopped with the flares placed where I want them. I have already found the info for bumper tucking on this forum very helpful and plan on utilizing Nobby's info for lowering the front springs. Below is what I am shooting for with the finished product.
Interesting project. Creating the new rear wheel openings is more than just a matter of removing sheet metal. A satisfactory job is going to require fabrication of inner body panels to close up gaps. Good luck.

·
Registered
1981 380SLC.(2) , 1986 300SDL
64 Posts
A member of this forum is working on transplanting a LT3 into a 107.I am sure it has been done before. Not an easy undertaking. I can't wait to see the results. A firm in Austin will transform your 107 to full EV. Yes, restomods are coming.

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 118K mi; 1997 328i; 2000 Ford Explorer
29 Posts
ok;

I give up..............who is Jeremy Clarkson, and why does he matter?

Art

·
Registered
95 SL600
604 Posts
The excellent is just that, and Jeremy Clarkson is predictably humorous. My grandmother told me if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. I don’t follow that advice often.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts