Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what component is tied to the line that goes to the throttle. It makes a ticking sound once in a while and it is also mounted on a rubber bracket, which tells me the clicking is normal. This "valve" sits right above the driver's side wheel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am trying to figure out what component is tied to the line that goes to the throttle. It makes a ticking sound once in a while and it is also mounted on a rubber bracket, which tells me the clicking is normal. This "valve" sits right above the driver's side wheel.
That ticking sound is normal - well, its a known defect yet doesn't cause any harm. Its a problem with the bracket, not the valve.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It is the vapor canister purge solenoid. It only clicks once in a while as the pressure builds up in the canister. Mine clicks fairly loud, too. It is normal, though. The Dodge Caravan when it was redesigned back in 2005 had the same problem. They encased the valve in a rubber boot to deadden the sound. If you find it particularly annoying, you may find a way to cover it and deadden the sound yourself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the vapor canister purge solenoid. It only clicks once in a while as the pressure builds up in the canister. Mine clicks fairly loud, too. It is normal, though. The Dodge Caravan when it was redesigned back in 2005 had the same problem. They encased the valve in a rubber boot to deadden the sound. If you find it particularly annoying, you may find a way to cover it and deadden the sound yourself.
Thank you, I'll look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts