Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing a lot of ticking and clanking noise under the hood the past week. I got paranoid and changed the oil the second time within the last 3 weeks. It went away a little bit, but I still hear it.
The car has about 80,000 miles on it and is in great shape. This is the first problem I've had with it, since I bought it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have been hearing a lot of ticking and clanking noise under the hood the past week. I got paranoid and changed the oil the second time within the last 3 weeks. It went away a little bit, but I still hear it.
The car has about 80,000 miles on it and is in great shape. This is the first problem I've had with it, since I bought it.

Any thoughts?
Ticking could be caused by carbon build-up. Do you drive it short distances alot?

As for the clanking, what exactly do you mean by "clanking" - is it rpm sensitive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the catalytic converter. I bought the car without knowing about the 8 yr/80,000 mile warranty. it is at 81,615 now and not sure if MB will eat the costs of repairing the CC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts