Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we did the oil bridges today, the dealer wanted 1000 bucks....one side only, then i was directed to a european shop, 1000 both sides, then i asked ohlord, he sent me a diy, called my mechanic for many years, sent him the pics, he knew what it was, changed the one side, where it was ticking, 170 parts, 150 labour, no tick, he found it right away, blown threw the side, thanks all who helped out, :D:)

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I am humbled

And like Sir Issac Newton said"If I see further,it is because I stand on the shoulders of Giants."
and it is the great guys that take the time to diy and write it all up.Sometimes i can explain the job and sometimes it is much better explained by the great work of another member:thumbsup:Credit goes to Him.:bowdown:
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice!! I completed some service for my car too today just before the big storm:

Bosch Spark Plugs: 12 x 4.30 = $52
Rear diff fluid: $15
Labor at indy: $65

Total: $135
Dealer quote: $580 plugs + $230 fluid = $810.

All DIY but at the cold MA weather and lack of garage for $65 I am quite happy!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Wow

send that indies name up to amgpower he needs a blower regulator wired in and might drive down from toronto if he cant diy or find a shop up there to get it done.:thumbsup:heck its only about 9 hours to find a good deal
:bowdown:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
amg, you live in t. why cant you find an indie, theres tons of europeans there, just like winnipeg, there out there, just look on line, in the paper, best of luck........benzcouple.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I did PM you the contact info. These guys come from eastern Europe and that is what they sell and do. I would not trust them with electronics so much but for stuff on the mechanical side they do good. As is often the custom with that region of the world remember bargaining is key :cool: to a decent price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts