Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 MERCEDES C43 AMG / 2004 AUDI RS6 / 2005 AUDI TT 3.2 V6
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i may need a new throttle body as my cl55 k is under powered and is flat on kick down and sometimes the power will stutter and be jumpy and feel it wants to go but theres something holding it back also its a bit rough on start up the idling is not right have had this problem for a long time now about 7 months but with no warning lights on apart from just the last couple weeks i have noticed that the esp mafunction light sometimes comes on when i switch off the engine and then resets when i turn it back on and i think the throttle body cuts the power for the esp as well. I unplugged the throttle body control about a month ago to see if that was the problem so i unplugged it and then turned on the engine and the idling went crazy and the esp mafunction warning light came on as well so turned it off and plugged back in and back to normal so that diddent really tell me anything only tried this as i know you can do it with the air flow sensors sometimes to see if the engine runs better when unplugged also the car is burning a bit of oil so it would make sence if the air flow to the engine and kompressor is not right i think it would burn oil

Has any one had the same kinda problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you investigated which faults are present through the OBD connection? Might give you an idea what might be the cause.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok. So no fault codes stored in the ecu memory? Difficult to try and locate the problem. There is a position sensor mounted in the throttle body but I wouldn’t know how to check this sensor other than with a diagnose computer which shows the actual values of various sensors with the engine running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. So no fault codes stored in the ecu memory? Difficult to try and locate the problem. There is a position sensor mounted in the throttle body but I wouldn’t know how to check this sensor other than with a diagnose computer which shows the actual values of various sensors with the engine running.
I have an code that finally came up p2093 p2094... for throttle body circuit.... would you know what module controls throttle body?? I was getting some exhaust work done welding etc and the guy never unhooked the battery... since then it would just start, loose all throttle response and stall after 20 seconds

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I do not know which module it is. when welding works have been done on the car without disconnecting battery leads strange faults can occur. Been there and done that?. Let’s start of with the low hanging fruit, no major vacuum leaks? Connectors of both throttle bodies still connected and not swapped? Possibly someone on the forum knows which module controls the throttle body's cause if the easy fixes don’t work it can well be that something in the control circuit is fried while welding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I do not know which module it is. when welding works have been done on the car without disconnecting battery leads strange faults can occur. Been there and done that?. Let’s start of with the low hanging fruit, no major vacuum leaks? Connectors of both throttle bodies still connected and not swapped? Possibly someone on the forum knows which module controls the throttle body's cause if the easy fixes don’t work it can well be that something in the control circuit is fried while welding
Ok gotcha, I understand what you're saying... I'm hoping theres some kind of voltage relay or module.... I hope i didn't screw up something serious.. thanks for helping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts