Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The large dash turn signal indicators. They're so much less glaring because they're large.

2. Doors which, even after 20 years, close with a serious 'thunk'.

3. People, 'bout once a month, say, "hey...that's a nice lookin' Mercedes..." It's nothing special, I don't think, but to me it's the last of the S-class machines which looked like they 'should'.

There are plenty of other things, too, but these three have jumped out at me in the past few days.

One thing I love is being able to traverse pretty much any semi-paved terrain at speeds, and in comfort, which would make other machines fall apart.

·
Banned
1987 420SEL
48 Posts
I've only had my 126 for a couple of months. It's my first M-B. I've previously owned makes such as Porsche, Jaguar and Volvo, but it's obvious to me that the quality of my 1987 M-B has them all beat.

·
Banned
MBZ 300SD
2,949 Posts
126 is the best body made and the SD is the best combination of economy and confort ever made in a car.
It is rellatively easy to work on and the only dolid diesel that will love WVO or almost any kind of oil.
I think I will never have any other car with today fuel prices.

·
Registered
'85 380se
19 Posts
1. The large dash turn signal indicators. They're so much less glaring because they're large.

2. Doors which, even after 20 years, close with a serious 'thunk'
Three out four of my door checks are broken.. got the parts, just needs some wrench time...

Wifey's got medical problems..Hopefully now that she is in the treatment phase, rather than the seemingly endless diagnostic, I will have a few hours to make them right...

They all sound good when you slam 'em, but thankfully the one door that is not a shin banger is the drivers side.. Someone musta changed that..

Yup, likes the turn signals I can see, since I am somewhat deaf and can't hear the click click click, very well

·
Registered
W126 420SE & W126 300SE
389 Posts
I really like the solid sound the doors make as well. It annoys me when my friends slam the doors though. Due to their weight, they just fall shut, not like some poorly made cars where the tin doors really do need to be slammed before they close!

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
3. People, 'bout once a month, say, "hey...that's a nice lookin' Mercedes..." It's nothing special, I don't think, but to me it's the last of the S-class machines which looked like they 'should'.
Get used to this one....there have been more then a few occasions when someone has actually followed me to my office to ask if its for sale....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts