money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it? Got pics?

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
i can do 4 in my wagon. And come to think of it, since I don't have a passenger airbag i could probably do 5. With plenty of Xanax.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kid seats. Sedan. 3 of them

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wife doesnt want to get a seat till end of Feb when we know. I would just like to hear anyone opinion on the subject. She is not so keen on third row seats in a wagon. I need to get her in a 124 wagon and see if she still thinks that. We had a 123 wagon previously. Hoping to convince her on a 124 wagon isntead of a minivan (bleh). Kids are 4.5, 2.5 and -.5

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
I have two kids who spent quite a bit of time in my S124. IIRC, the S123 rear seat isn't split, so that's a benefit of the S124. The rear facing seats are nice for those times when you need to haul lots of kiddos together. A top cargo carrier might be really handy, since you'll find that the rear cargo area fills up quickly with two adults and three kids on a long trip anywhere. I found that my Vanagon was better at kid hauling, with its two rear facing jump seats and extra-large cargo area.

·
Registered
92 300e 225,000 miles
49 Posts
I regularly take three kids around in my w124 Sedan, 3,5,8. Three car seats are a lot tight, depending on the size of the kid's seat... From what I can tell you'd have one baby carrier, which are huge, One toddler seat, which are also huge and then at the minimum a booster for the oldest. I don't think it would work. Honestly, I regularly have One full size and one booster in the back, and my oldest can barely fit in the middle. She normally rides in the air bag free passenger seat. I can't imagine making my wife pack my three in the w124 on her own and then load the groceries in the trunk, that would be a huge headache... Just reaching around and buckling a child in the tight space next to the other car seats...
IN a wagon with the third row, you are really in a similar seating arrangement as a minivan, with the extra space you'd be much better off. I think that she would be quite happy with one, if she tried it. It is cool being the only parent driving a benz in a sea of Caravans, Sienna's and Odysseys. My kids are very proud of the car, and are the biggest advocates of every repair on it. Additionally, every time my wife gets out of her minivan and drives my car, she comments on how a car much older than her van can drive so smoothly and have so much power with so many more miles... Basically she appreciates the Benz more. (When she is not mad about the cost of the latest gear box or A/C fix I am trying to do!) I know it is not the answer you want, but it is my experience.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts