Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum and to Mercedes-Benz.... I have just pulled the trigger on an SL600. I was down to 2 choices, a 93 with 98k miles white over tan looking almost new especially the interior for $13k, or a 98 with 56k miles black with 2 tone black/gray interior for $26.9. Wondering on thoughts before sharing my decision.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I'd definitely go for the 98. For only $14K more, you get 5 years and 42K miles ... but it's also depending on your budget.

·
Premium Member
Black SL 500 1994
1,026 Posts
98 is with a 5 speed tranny as well, but more than anything be sure to get a full service history.
The V12 is expensive to maintain so make sure all the services are there. Good luck and please stick around! :)

Oh and you might want to bookmark this one:

http://www.v12uberalles.com/index.html

·
BenzWorld Elite Member
2004 SL55, 2006 Range Rover Supercharged, 2013 Infiniti M37
312 Posts
As the Host & based upon your screen name of "93600", I'd like to wager that you chose the 93 SL 600.

Personally I prefer the 98, due to mileage factors, sytling, etc.

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
As an OLDER member here, Let me share my thoughts on this. You should buy the newest,lowest mile,best condition, one that you can afford, {This means, not only the purchase price, but the cost of upkeep also!!! } It would be very sad to buy a car that had to sit around broken-down while you saved up to fix it!!!!! The service history{whats been done to the car} is VERY,VERY important in the 600 cars!!!! It is VERY EASY to spend $1000 in parts. I am NOT trying scare you, JUST trying to inform you. Take your time and look around, you WILL find the RITE CAR!!!!!!!!! Good Luck, stick around,and ENJOY!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought later that my screen name may either tip people off or throw them off. When I signed up for the board, I was leaning toward the 93 as clean as it, but the more information I found on the board led me to looking at a 96 or later model. (Wiring, suspension, transmission) Thus the purchase of the 98!! Mileage also was a big concern as I am looking to drive and enjoy the car, as opposed to look at it sit in the garage. I've got a 68 Porsche Targa with the engine on a stand that is taking care of that. (90% ready to go back in) though I have a feeling that driving the 600 will delay that project a little.

·
BenzWorld Elite Member
2004 SL55, 2006 Range Rover Supercharged, 2013 Infiniti M37
312 Posts
Excellent Choice!!

Looking forward to your participation in the forum.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
I would have to lean towards the 98 myself. Don't let the V12 scare you. Most of the repairs these cars need aren't engine related. The v12 engine is bullet proof, I abuse mine on a daily basis. 102K miles and still going strong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts