Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1994 SL500
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve uploaded a video of my little precious M119 Automobile 500SL..

I`ve not straight-piped it yet, the Catalytic converter is still on , as well as the exhaust is bone stock.

Any thoughts ? points of view? expressions ?

Thx Guys!

·
Registered
1994 SL500
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very fine ride sir. Lets see the rest of the car! interior and exterior!
Did you like the exhaust tone , ?

I`m really looking forward to straight-pipe this bad-boy so bad I`m not eating anymore.. lol

Today, I bought eight Four-headed plantium spark plugs. I`ll be installing in the process !

I`d be uploading more clips and pics of it, after the installation of straight pipes ofcourse.

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
It does sound very nice. Why do you want to straight pipe it? I would leave it as is. What did you do to the exhaust system?

Keep us posted with the clips!!!

Did you like the exhaust tone , ?

I`m really looking forward to straight-pipe this bad-boy so bad I`m not eating anymore.. lol

Today, I bought eight Four-headed plantium spark plugs. I`ll be installing in the process !

I`d be uploading more clips and pics of it, after the installation of straight pipes ofcourse.

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
R129 SL500
151 Posts
Saleh-SLR normally 129.066 does not sound like yours.
Otherwise you have speedometer scaled to 300 km/h instead of 260 km/h.
Maybe someone has tuned yours R129 already?

Exhaust sound is great.

What is this terrible noise in the background?

·
Registered
1994 SL500
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Exhaust sound is great.

I hope it is tuned up lol ..

as for your question why there is a terrible noise in the background, It came with a W220 Fan set , to lower the temperature when it gets hot .

I`ve just uninstalled the muffler which was under the passenger , and let me say this to you guys, the sound is incredibly well-balanced , higher and more aggressive than the previous one, but not too far.

I`ll post a video up once my dad goes out of the house, you know , for safety measures ,

Cheers!

·
Registered
'97 SL500, 06 Subaru Outback, LL Bean 3.0
735 Posts
I`ve uploaded a video of my little precious M119 Automobile 500SL..

I`ve not straight-piped it yet, the Catalytic converter is still on , as well as the exhaust is bone stock.

YouTube - My little M119 500SL

Any thoughts ? points of view? expressions ?

Thx Guys!
Looks and sounded same as mine 'cept mine's white and 100% stock. BUT that's o.k. 'cause mine's the best they ever made.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Exhaust sound is great.

My 129.066 definately does not sound like that! Mine is dead silent!

·
Registered
R129 SL500
151 Posts
HAHAHAHA! shes only 16. ;)
129.066 was made up to 1992 (also early 1993) but not to 1994.

Saleh-SLR said:
as for your question why there is a terrible noise in the background, It came with a W220 Fan set , to lower the temperature when it gets hot .
There is another way to fight against the high temperature in ours M119. You have to install only one dimmer in fans sensor. It works quite well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not if you rev it up in your garage with the car door open. Or put a recorder under your pipes, like he did.
What's good about noise, anyway?
It wasnt in his garage...
and he didnt put a recorder under his pipes.. You could hear him moan when he got inside of her... ;)
well.. i guess he could have had the recorder under his pipes, and hes just that loud!

And, noise isnt always good, but if i had a switch that give a sporty tone at times, I would like that!

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
It wasnt in his garage...
and he didnt put a recorder under his pipes.. You could hear him moan when he got inside of her... ;)
well.. i guess he could have had the recorder under his pipes, and hes just that loud!

And, noise isnt always good, but if i had a switch that give a sporty tone at times, I would like that!
Jaguar latest V8s in the XK have something simlilar that when you open full throttle the engine gets louder while when you are cruising the engine is very silent. I tested this thing in a few XKs and the best effect was in an XK convertible with the roof open. It was a true joy hearing that thing at WOT :D.
Anyway even in the forum there are threads on the matter but we really couldn't understand what we could fit to our cars working this way.

Cheers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts