Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to modify the housing such that the headlight wipers can remain and not be deleted?

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
Yes, this has been discussed before, but you will have to change the two trim pieces under the headlights. Using the version from the 94,95 should do it, or if you buy from Katmac i belive it is on ebay(I bought mine from them) you get a blank set of trim pieces that have no holes, so you can then drill the holes in the appropriate places. You will also want to get the newer style wipers. Look it up on past posts.

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I mean is it possible to keep the existing wiper/ trim pieces and modify the headlight assembly

I dont wanna get the blank trim pieces and drill holes, have the trim painted etc

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What if you just take them off and plug the hole with a rubber fitting from a home improvement store like Home Depot. You can even paint the rubber.

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the wipers, I like to keep them.. its hard to source the euro wiper locally

why cant the North American spec wipers stay with the euro lights? I am assuming its because there maybe a portrusion of some sort on the euro light and even if so, why cant it be trimmed with a dremel tool?

anyone who has installed these euros can shed some light on this.. whats so special about euro lights that *necessitates* the removal of the wiper assembly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts