Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, glad i finally found a forum to talk about my favorite car. :)<br>
<br>
I have a 1980 300TD wagon with the self leveling rear suspension, I just bought it a couple weeks ago and I'm not sure what I should do about the problem. The ride is TERRIBLE on even the slightly bumpy roads, any little jolt makes the ride seem like a trampoline on wheels, but on smooth roads its quite fabulous.<br>
<br>
Does anyone know the easiest way to fix/replace the parts in question? (Those little softball sized things that attach to the air shocks in the back) CAN i even fix it? I already read the tech report by Mark Cosovic and it helped a little bit but Im hoping someone here knows more.<br>
<br>
Thanks much, and expect to see me lurking around here more often. :)<br>
<br>
Anthony<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The problem is in the accumulators that sit above each wheel. They are easy to replace. I have had to epalce them on both of my wagons, an '84 and an '85. The accumulators look like a ball with tubes running into them. The labor is about 45 minutes to an hour. The cost of each accumualtor can range from $80 to $100. I've used www.gapa.com. Hope this helps! Ed

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Though I am writing ayear later I am looking<br> at a1980 300td and the shocks were replaced in the rear but needed accumulaters because was still<br> bouncing. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.