Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the “discussion” format is completely terrible. And the lack of easy backing up through the forum is problematic. And honestly the whole thing just feels cheap and more like an app than a web page. Oh and I do t need that recommended reading crap either. Maybe there is a setting I can change to fix that. Or maybe they can just give us our old site back. At least before we had the option.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yep... Constant problems with blank pages or partially loading pages. Frequently fails to load style sheet benzworld.org/css.php??css=public..blahblahblah. Can not log in with Palemoon (apparently do to some broken recaptcha garbage). Logins/previews/posting frequently fails with "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." error.

At least I can get rid of the About/Popular/etc sidebars with the RemoveItPermanently addon.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Not happy about the search function either - really detracts from the usefulness of the site.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I'm reading that it's not just my IT challenged brain that refuses to adapt to the changes. I'm givin' it an honest try but am not findin' the 'look and feel' of the new and improved format to be as intuitive or user friendly for finding stuff. The cycle of continuous improvement strikes again.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
This is my whole new site experience summed up in one image

Mind you I was never a fan of the old mobile site but this is just insane. Ads blocking text and not moving, then ads spawning to make the site useless.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
So, where are we moving to ?
Telegraph the dislike to the powers that be by dropping your membership.
Hit 'em in the wallet.

Oh, BTW, a simple add-on like Ad-Blocker Plus will make ALL that advertising crap go away

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Photo posting was not working for me...it took three photos, but would not take any more. Previously, it was much more straightforward to just drag them into the Green, dashed-line box. The limit of 10 photos per post was reasonable; it was certainly workable.

When I could not post more than three 404 Clutch photos, no matter what I tried, I shut the computer off and went back to the table saw.

Plus, I don't really want to see that I have posted 49-odd times in a month. That seems excessive, and I have better things to worry about. "Moderation in all Things" was Hipshot Percussion's credo. I don't want to see my 'Score' front and center, especially as it illustrates a lack of moderation...

If I can only post 3 photos at a whack, that will probably either lead me to posting much less, or posting much more, as it'll take 4 posts to get 10 photos up to share.

Hopefully it was a fluke.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
"We've Renovated!
But, It's more than a paint job."

It's mould.
Dry rot.
Termite Damage.
Carpenter ant damage....

And a paint job.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats unfourtunate is that the powers that be wont hear us nor will they take us back to where we want to be. I avoid Facebook and such like the plague, and this forum feels like more of the same.
Would everyone be opposed to going back to Pirate? If we all move we can control the unimog forum and save the thinner skinned members from harm. Maybe I can convince Pirate to make two Unimog forums. One for true unimog guys and one for modded axles and such.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I agree the new format sucks butt. This site makes me feel dirty......
Chas

I also like that it doesn't instant post ....... like I'm 4.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The old format was better in every way. There were a few issues here I realize there but they were temporary. I don't see any improvments in the new set up, and it is much more difficult to navigate.

We are certainly going to start losing people fast and that is tragic as the group here is long lasting and fantastic.

Basically we need it to go back to the way it was. These forums only work if they are easy to use.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
..if we DO move, someone needs to make a good mirror of this site.
It would be 'bad' to lose what we have archived here.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts