Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300E
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to give props to all of you that help. I have a '87 300E and had a couple of issues and quickly found fixes to these issues here in the forum.

1) Gas, temp, oil pressure, and tachometer gauges all suddenly quit working. Searched in this forum and discovered that it was a simple matter of replacing fuse #5.

2) My blower motor quit working. Was thinking that I was going to have to replace it. Someone posted a picture of the fuse (just outside the fuse box) and suggested that that be replaced (found this in another thread as well). $2.05 later the blower works.

Not knowing a lot about the intricacies of how things worked...I started seeing $$ float away in repairs. That wasn't the case. The fixes for both of these was about $10.00. Thanks so much for all your efforts in assisting those of us who do not know how things work...but are not afraid to get our hands dirty. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,540 Posts
Keep that attitude and you will save more money than you can imagine!!

Just be open minded and there are lots of little things that you can fix yourself without paying some bonehead to figure it out on your credit card.

Yes it might be a PIA, but with persistence resolution can be found.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts