Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my check engine light came on. I hooked up my scanner and code P0400 came up, EGR flow. I've never cleaned an EGR passage on a ML nor did I even know where it was. I looked it up in the search and found several posts on the subject. With the information I found I was able to sucessfully locate, remove, clean out, and replace the EGR tube in about 20 minutes. The engine now runs smoother than before.
Now I am a Diesel mechanic and I have all the tools so I have an advantage over most others but I just want everyone to know I appreciate the information here. This is a great resource for DIY repairs. It is far better than any of the resources that I have available to me for the diesel trucks I work on...

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
rudedude, can you pls describe the scanner you have? p/n or approx. cost. how does it look like and is it worth to own one as i understand it can help with other benzes i may have in future?

tnx
alex

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CAHEK said:
rudedude, can you pls describe the scanner you have? p/n or approx. cost. how does it look like and is it worth to own one as i understand it can help with other benzes i may have in future?

tnx
alex
You can get the scanner I have @ CanOBD2.com The model I have is the 3120.
I chose it because it can diagnose all 1996 and newer OBD2 cars.
Also from 1982 to 1995 it can do most OBD1 cars.
The scanner not only displays the fault code, it describes what the code means.
I bought mine from Kragens but I don't think you have one in UK.
On line it is $299.00.
I figured like this I would pay the dealer at least $120.00 just to run the code then they would probably keep it 2 or 3 days so I bought the scanner...

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michael Pillay said:
20 Minutes!!!!!!!!!! You're my hero. It took me forever.
Don't feel bad, I work on diesel trucks for a living. Working on little engines is easy to me plus i have lots of tools...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts