Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,367 Posts
.....These people earned these benefits .
SHAUNE55:

Actually - unless you were a very high-earning taxpayer, what you paid into the system comes nowhere close to the pension/health benefits that the currently retired are now able to draw from the age of 65. Possibly for 20 years too. Just do the math on your own situation, and you will be surprised. And that's the reason that the UK welfare state (once such a good idea) is not sustainable, with our rising aging population being kept alive by modern drugs...

Furthermore, there is no fund. What you pay in during your working life is paying for the pensions of those already retired. Hopefully, when you retire there will be enough taxpayers to fund your retirement.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The US and UK pension funds are nothing but ponzi schemes. The money was spent on wars and welfare programs to buy votes and replaced by voodoo trust accounts.

·
Registered
'85 Mercedes 300 D Turbo Diesel
284 Posts
SHAUNE55:

Actually - unless you were a very high-earning taxpayer, what you paid into the system comes nowhere close to the pension/health benefits that the currently retired are now able to draw from the age of 65. Possibly for 20 years too. Just do the math on your own situation, and you will be surprised. And that's the reason that the UK welfare state (once such a good idea) is not sustainable, with our rising aging population being kept alive by modern drugs...

Furthermore, there is no fund. What you pay in during your working life is paying for the pensions of those already retired. Hopefully, when you retire there will be enough taxpayers to fund your retirement.:)
There would be, except for the fact that all the people are on welfare now and are not paying taxes or social security...

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There would be, except for the fact that all the people are on welfare now and are not paying taxes or social security...
We just gave Syria 200 million quid, whist people here are relying on food banks..............Justify that.

·
Registered
'85 Mercedes 300 D Turbo Diesel
284 Posts
I can't. Governments aren't for the people anymore. Only the fat cats who get elected. The last guy got elected by how much welfare he promised...
I don't really worry, if he runs out of money, he will just print more...

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't. Governments aren't for the people anymore. Only the fat cats who get elected. The last guy got elected by how much welfare he promised...
I don't really worry, if he runs out of money, he will just print more...
Well said, and take no notice of Keyhole,, he or she is a tory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts