Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was behind a pickup at a stop sign, suddenly, the lady in the pickup decided to move back. Before I could do any thing, that pickup just slam into the 560. Upon a closer look, there was not any demage to my car so I left her go.

Now my neck is killing me.

Since the air bag did not deploy, I was thinking the impact is minimal. But my neck is telling me differently. Should I take the car to a mechanic to have a look? It drives fine.

How should I have handled the impact? Since I saw no demage, I did not call the cop to make a report nor did I ask for her driver licence #.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Do you remember her license plate, or anything? You REALLY have to remember to get other person's driver license and make a report, otherwise, even if you don't sue, she might decide to sue you for 'rear ending' her. Anyhow, i don't think there's anything wrong with your car if it drives fine and looks fine. The bumpers can take a pretty big jolt without damaging the rest of the car. Was your car in gear? might want to look at differential and torque converter if the drive does start to feel odd.

·
Registered
1989 W201.029/M103 3.0
244 Posts
I'd give the "alternative medicines" a miss, but definitely see a properly and fully accredited medical doctor about your neck. More than likely you've just strained some tendons (the fabled "pinched nerve"), but best to be safe and sure.

And here is why you should gather driver details in any collision. It's the damage you don't immediately see which ends up costing you, coz somebody has to pay for everything in an economic world.

And what if the other driver contests what actually happened. Might you receive a bill for damage a few weeks down the line for having "struck the rear of another vehicle" after the other driver's spouse had thought better of any opportunities you may have left them?

You must be careful what you say and do after a collision as it may be determined an admission of liability at a later date. People are generally advised to say nothing and gather personal details to be taken up by the appropriate course of action.
If you take no action, that's up to you, but keep it up to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts