Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this might be a silly question, so sorry. I have a 2006 ML, I got it as a gift 3 months ago however my car does not have Airmatic and I will like a cushier ride. Would changing the car be a huge loss $$$...it was a purchase not a lease...would that be worth it. I mean, the ride of my ML is not that bad, I think it drives like a car but so many people here say Airmatic is a must, that I would like to have it...does it feel like driving on a cloud?,..would it be worth it or should I just live without it? [:(]

·
Registered
2006 ml350
62 Posts
Just trading your car for a new one would be a 4k-8k hit versus the sticker price of the car. In that case of trading yor car, go ahead and trade it in for a ml500..it is only about 5k difference from the ml350...n

·
Registered
'06 ML350
284 Posts
Fiorucci 2006 - 4/8/2006 10:28 PM

Hi guys, this might be a silly question, so sorry. I have a 2006 ML, I got it as a gift 3 months ago however my car does not have Airmatic and I will like a cushier ride. Would changing the car be a huge loss $$$...it was a purchase not a lease...would that be worth it. I mean, the ride of my ML is not that bad, I think it drives like a car but so many people here say Airmatic is a must, that I would like to have it...does it feel like driving on a cloud?,..would it be worth it or should I just live without it? [:(]
Nice gift... [:)]
Why don't you take an Airmatic for a test drive and see if you can feel the difference between the two?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I just came from testing an 2006 ML 350 w/ Airmatic...it was a good recommendation...thank you guys. Airmatic makes the steering wheel a little bit softer than in the regular ML. However, I've gotten used to my steering wheel. My question and concern was the ride and while Airmatic makes the car a bit lighter on its feet, it does nor eliminate all the bumps on the road as I expected...I mean, you're still able to feel them...so I do not really know if it's worth changing it.

The regular ML drives soft but like any SUV you can feel some bumps and roads, especially on the back...the ML with Airmatic is still similar but it makes some bumps a bit less bumpy if you know what I mean. For some reason Mercedes has most ML's without Airmatic...there was only one hidden somewhere (it took a while to find) that I was able to drive, but I believe most people order them and wait for it...especially if you are set on a specific color. Moreover, if you find Airmatic you actually have to pay for a fully outfitted ML with every single option which makes the car much more expensive (you might as well get a ML 500)...the one I drove had everything except the color I like...I believe finding Silver/Black or Black/Black is not that easy.

Regarding the change, the dealer offer to pay $42,500 for my 3 month ML with 1700 miles, which cost me more than $11,000 more (actually more because my husband paid for an extended warranty)...so I do not know if Airmatic is worth that loss. What do you think?[?]

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
What are the other options in your current ML? It is hard to determine if the price the dealer is offering is good or not without that information. The bottom line is, if you are happy with your current ML, why change? You will have to weigh the options of the new ML versus your current one, whether or not you need them, could add them from the dealer and of course the cost. If you really didn’t get out of the ML with Airmatic what you thought it would your best bet will be to enjoy what you have. One more question, have you test drove an R to compare that ride with your ML or even an E-Class Wagon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts