Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03' e500 sport w211 (current) / 84' 300td Wagon(sold) / 84' 190e(sold) / 01' Z3 coupe
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the price of diesel fuel skyrockets..Im not sure if I want to sit around and watch it soar to $7 a gallon..Im actually thinking of selling the wagon and maybe look for a bike..diesel fuel is $5.36 at the union 76 down the street from my work..I can't Imagine how much it is at other places..I've been trying to decide all week..this sucks:surrender:

·
Premium Member
1998 ML320; 2003 ML500
35 Posts
As the price of diesel fuel skyrockets..Im not sure if I want to sit around and watch it soar to $7 a gallon..Im actually thinking of selling the wagon and maybe look for a bike..diesel fuel is $5.36 at the union 76 down the street from my work..I can't Imagine how much it is at other places..I've been trying to decide all week..this sucks:surrender:
If you REALLY sell the wagon, I'm interested. I'd like something a bit roomier than my 82 300CD to diesel around in.

As a Union 76 alternative, what about veggie oil conversions? I know there's a guy in this forum who insists they're illegal, or stupid, or both, but he's got his head stuck in the wrong place. (And, besides, should anybody trust a guy with modified Nazi symbols in his sig file?):thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
good idea to look at the Brave new world of peak oil

one of the more intelligent comments on this site in a long time. Of course it is likely just a rant of frustration as one observer watches his car centric world unwind in what is the beginning of a long death spiral. Diesel is in very short supply worldwide so expect no relief in the near term. It might be time for you to take a look at the big picture and sell that crapbox in the burbs and move closer in to where you shop and work. Can you imagine trying to live in S. Cal without a car? Now imagine millions of people reaching this same conclusion.What price will it take for us to give up our beautiful german relics for our clodhoppers. $10?$20?$40? Comments out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts