Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents,

My wife and I are preparing to move cross-country and I am considering (although not set on it) selling a couple of cars to make the move easier.

My 97 S420 is one I am considering, but I really have no idea what to ask for it.

Here is a candid overview: 118k Silver over Blue Leather. Car runs very smooth. I am third owner, but first two owners were a grandfather and grandchild to each other. Cam oilers have all been replaced. New Brakes. Car paint shows very well. Always a southern car. All electronics work as they should. Ipod connection controlled through stock head unit.

The Bad:
Cars front bumper has some curb marks on it. I planned on replacing.
A couple of door dings on doors, but not very noticeable on car.
Car needs coolant and brake flush according to scheduled maintenance.

I greatly appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Of course when I went out to shoot it this morning the batteries on the camera went dead. They are charging and I will get some up shortly.

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is exactly the price ranges I am seeing. W140 prices seem to be all over the place.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG, 95 S500 Coupe, 93 300CE ,99 CL500, E500 4MATIC, ML350
108 Posts
it worths $13000

I think asking for any suggestion to this forum is a bad idea. I've done that in the past for my 93 300CE and i got bunch of bologne suggestions...good luck with your sale

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
$7k-$11k. As is now, closer to $7k. Fix all listed items, closer to $11k.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes Benz S320 Long Wheelbase.
544 Posts
Do the 420's fetch the same sort of prices the 500s or can you save a few thousand by going with the smaller V-8?

·
Registered
1914 Mercedes 28/95 hp, 83' 300SD, 93' S420, (three) 94' S420's, 95' S500 & 96' S600
284 Posts
94' S420 above average to just at excellent....

Do the 420's fetch the same sort of prices the 500s or can you save a few thousand by going with the smaller V-8?
We had two available before selling this one..... both are almost as twins... LOL. Poor couple didn't remember which they had decided on... was a sight to watch them argue.

Just sold :D.... An example.... :thumbsup:

Engine 119.97112 w/ five speed transmission. Chassis 140 LWB (Long Wheel Base) Rear Sun Shade, Moon Roof, Orig trunk Benz Tool kit. Extra sissoe tire jack set included. All service receipts w/ all part receipts as well.
Of course....

All New Mercedes parts used.....​

New Passenger B+. five wire harness, New Engine harness as well.
New Dual Link (pressed Master Link) T-Chain w/ all new OEM guides, new Tensioner, Oil pump & chain with new level sensor
New 32 hyd lifters
New Distributers and Spark Plugs (Bosch Plat) and OEM Plug wire set
New Water pump
New poly Belt
New brake pads 360 around (ceramic)
New Emission system thru-out w/ color coded lines w/ new switch-over valves, also new Breather system thru-out lines and calibrated orifice.
New Air Pump w/ formed tubing
Both Heads pulled, machined and cleaned
Of course all fluids thru-out changed and topped off.... OEM fluids
Five speed transmission serviced...new filter and fluid... Mercedes.... sealed fill tube with clip and removable ty-wrap, as per new from factory.

As most on here may know.... I DO NOT believe nor utilize Synthetic lubricants due to mine core belief in 3000 mile fluid changes to visual for any issue's ongoing. Lubricant utilized in this machine...5w30 Valvoline

New filter (OEM) thru-out... and much, much more... all records included.
mileage 138k
three owner vehicle... original Black on two tone grey interior leather of course. Original Bose sound system w/ original telephone system, etc as per factory.

Sold this vehicle for $8900.00 cash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts