Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 MB E320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure everyone has, at some point considered selling their W210.

Well that's where I'm at. Not for profit, I mean come on.. It's got 161,000+ miles on it. Needs rear cats, new windshield ( pitted ), a much overdue front to rear fluid replacement and a few other items. Been told the A/C compressor was bad so I haven't been using the A/C at all up until last week. I hadn't driven the car for about 4 weeks and stared it up as usually, no problem. Hit the auto a/c without even thinking and went for a drive. The a/c works... But for how long.

Some days I wonder if I should let it go to someone who has more time for DIY's and a good wax. Apt living is frustrating at times. Kind of like a good dog deserves a good home.

·
Registered
2001 MB E320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My point was, I haven't had the need for a car lately. Been riding to work and Bart'n to the city. Was just thinking I should let it go to someone who would appreciate the car more than I would.

That's all.

·
Registered
2000 E320 4MATIC
1,727 Posts
.... driving in San Francisco made me mad all the time..... So your area isn't the best spot for your Merc to move around.

If you are on a tight budget, go and buy a used second gen Toyota Prius.

And... don't wait to sell your car, if you wait, there would be more failed items.

second, you need to use your car everyday for it to stay in good condition, seldom used vehicle is more likely to have more problems than taxis. ;-)

·
Registered
2001 MB E320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I KBB it and it gave me the generic price of $4379 at Fair price.

Hmmmm. May have to rethink this decision. But that amount is subject to change.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,717 Posts
Edmunds Private Party Sale $2,729 not counting the problems with the car.
I think if you disclose the problems you will have hard time to get above $2k

·
Registered
2001 MB E320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that ( in part ) keeps me fom selling her. Id have to replace the cats in order for it to pass smog, aside from clearing the codes and getting it smogged quick. But that's shady and I don't want the bad Karma.

Overall shes been a great car.

Would like to thank everyone for the input. Think I will start getting some of stuff fixed and probably start driving her more than every 4-5 weeks.

·
Registered
2001 MB E320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been on again, off again about selling her. Been driving her a whole lot more, but i've noticed parking spots are small. People don't respect others property. Door dings, cart scratches and a now a chip in the windshield.
Seems like I killed the value in such a short time. No wonder a lot more beaters are showing up on the road.

Realistically I'd place the value of my particular car somewhere around $3200. give or take. Still needs Cats (light goes on and off), now it needs a paint job thanks to someone keying it. But it does have good tires, about 5,000 miles on them. I saw one simular to mine at a Friendly Freddies car lot selling for $8900 and just could not imagine how they got that figure. Especially with over 200,000 miles and a faded paint job.

Fustrating......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts