Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 clk 3202000 ML320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a 99 clk 320 convertible.
Any thoughts out there? Anything I should look for?

I currently own an ML 320, quite happy with it, but looking for a change. Although the ml is notorious for tranny problems, I don't want to end up purchasing another MB product full of problems. Any advice?

·
Registered
///M
55 Posts
Do it.

The CLK is a great car. I test drove a cabrio before i got my coupe...it was nice but was slower than the coupe by a good deal. I like the 320 engine but wish i had the cash for a 430. If you care about speed and have the $$$ then i would go with a 430 cabrio, if not...the 320 cab isnt ALL that slow and it looks great.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
2 cars ago I had a 99 C230 Kompressor which was a 4 cylinder. Then I got a 2002 GLE Maxima which was a 6 cylinder. Now I have a 2001 CLK 430 which is an 8 cylinder. When I got the Maxima, I remember saying to myself that I'd never be able to drive a 4 cylinder again. The 6 was so much faster. Now, after driving my CLK 8 cylinder, whenever i get into a 6 cylinder stock car I swear I'm driving a 4 cylinder, lol.

Trust me, if you can, get the 430. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I'd get a 2000 drop if possible. You get a better looking car, blinking side mirrors, color matched lower trim as well as the body molding. Us 99's all wish we had blinking side mirrors and the newer steering wheel (with radio controls) found in the 2000s and up. But you could always add a bodykit to the 99 to make it hotter. The black plastic trim look is not nice.

·
Registered
2003 E320
23 Posts
I've had my '99 CLK320 Cab for about 6 months now and couldn't be happier.

There will always be other and newer cars that you might like better, e.g. more power, more bells and whistles...but you can't go wrong with the choice of a '99 Cab.

I have had absolutly no problems ... and have not regretted my decision.

·
Registered
99 clk 3202000 ML320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...no tranny problems like my ML? The dealer rebuilt my tranny twice in a 6 month period[:(][:(]
Good thing I was still covered. I am slightly worried about the clk. But if you guys haven't had any engine or tanny problems, I will consider it stronger. Thanks for all your reponses. I find the clk to be a gorgeous car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts