Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im a long time benzworld member but only visit my CLK forum. So hello CL people :)

My question. I am thinking of picking up a 2002 CL600. It is in really good shape, and they look awesome (not to mention a v12 under the hood). I have been reading though your guys posts and seem to see allot of people not fully satisfied with their cars. Is there allot of problems with this model?

Would you guys recommend me getting a 2002 CL600? I would be trading in my W208 CLK.

Also, seems to be a lack or performance parts and upgrades for the 2002 CL600, you guys having problems finding ways of increasing HP?

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Skip the 2002 and go for a 2003 or later. Huge hp increase from the 2002 and even more is available with a simple ECU tune.

Make sure you get a good warranty that will cover the ABC suspension. You will need it! Do not get as a dedicated driver. It's a good weekend car or every once in a while but is not dependable enough to be a daily driver. Think Ferrari maintenace costs with Mercedes depreciation - that's the CL.

If you ever get to a point that you are out of warranty, sell the car or you will be spending big money to keep it going. It's really too bad because the car is easy to love. Owning a CL is like being married to a runway model with a bad drug habit. You never know when or were it will break down but know it will be expensive when it does.

·
Registered
F250 7.3TD Mercedes Benz W140 S600 1996 119k k's(sold), MB W124 300E 1989 261k k's(sold)
464 Posts
Thanks guys.
After the runway model 'crack' I've decided to cancel my plans of trading my '96 W140 S600 + cash for a 2001 CL600.
The CL is a beautiful looking car, but I couldn't bear going through the stress of living with an ABC problem waiting to happen.
I'm glad I've done my research checking out the posts in this forum.
Good luck with your CL's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts