Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but leaving out the side Skirts....

I was thinking it might make the car look too "heavy" or "flat.
My thinking....and still up for comment/discussion hence this thread....but my thinking is that a narrower waist and roll under the car around the midrift with the larger but rounded bumpers front and rear may look better....

some doctored fotos for examples....

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Autobahn / (Gone) '02 SLK32 AMG
372 Posts
It has too heavy of a 'chin' and looks unfinished without the sideskirts. Just my .02

·
Registered
99 SLK 200 K (M111.943, Eaton M62, 5 Speed Manual) SL55 AMG look, 18'' AMG style 4
128 Posts
the AMG skirts are the best in my opinion for the car. Im wearing the Rieger Infinity side skirts which are also simple and good. Just dont leave the car without skirts. Skirts, apart from their design, reduce the gap with the road and make the car look shorter, which is good cause its a roadster.
As for the bumper, mind that AMG is hard to find nowadays and that Rieger plastic for the front bumper is poor quality, easy in breaking, so you have to be gentle when moving on uneven surfaces bumps, pavements, garage cliffs.
Rieger's front bumper is so light that you can hold it with 2 fingers, I dont remember exact weight now.
At last I believe that if you change front bumper you should also look for Dectane angel lights

·
Premium Member
'00 slk230k (engine swap), '75 300D, 2011 GTI
1,528 Posts
If you get authentic AMG bumpers it is worth it, like the reiger they are fairly light... and they improve the looks 10x. If you search around I believe I have pics of my conversion

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a look gakz - ones I found were too dark apart from the one your "fotografer" friend shot.....tah

b22b

1 - 5 of 5 Posts