Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Thinking of buying a W140 Coupe

1256 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  joe defrancisci
I Currently drive a 1991 300SE. I drive all over the state of Montana as part of my work. My current car has 120k on it and drives very well. I often drive 3-5 hours at 90+ mph.
I visited the dealer in missoula and noticed a 95 140 coupe with 40k on it. It looked real slick.
I love my 91 when i drive it or work on it i feel as if i own one of the best cars ever built. But this newer coupe looks like a very comfortable fast car.

what do you all think? is the 140 as good as the 126? is the s500 well balanced in poor weather?
how is reliability?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
S500 i think is the best body style of the mercedes. I would definitely go for it if. Bu...

S500 i think is the best body style of the mercedes. I would definitely go for it if. But be aware of upkeep on the car. Make sure you get a warranty of some sort. The seatbelt has a tendency to break if you are not used to it. It isn't flimsy but someone could just yank on it and it would snap. I find the car awesome in every type of weather. It is heavy enough that you won't slick and slide in rain or snow. Overall, great, car but make sure you have a handy mechanic.

· Registered
91 560 SEC, 95 S600
62 Posts
I have a 1995 S600 coupe. I also have a 1991 560SEC. Both are wonderful cars. The 140...

I have a 1995 S600 coupe. I also have a 1991 560SEC. Both are wonderful cars. The 140 car is the best highway cruiser I have ever. driven and I have had the opportunity to drive some of the best at highway speeds in Europe. The 140 car seems to be crawling at 90mph. You'll love it.

· Registered
280Sw116/380SELw126
341 Posts
I drive a w126 just like you. And I also want to own a w140 one day. So I see myself in a...

I drive a w126 just like you. And I also want to own a w140 one day. So I see myself in a similar situation. The the only bad stuff I've heard about the w140 is problems with the AC or the 'Evaporator' which aren't that cheap to get repaired. Actually I read that most of the car itself has to be taken apart during an Evaporator repair! This will blow you away on labor hours! Keep in mind that this is just what I've heard about the early w140s. The later w140s had this problem corrected- so it's sketchy on a 1995.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.