Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new here and I'm seriously looking at purchasing a 1978 Mercedes Benz 280CE with 300,000 KM on the clock. The price is currently set at $2000 CDN, but the guy who's selling me has already more or less told me that he's willing to cut that cost to cover any repairs it may need. apparently the only problem wih it is the woater pump, which he says the dealership quotes him ~$400 for parts and labour. He's also owned it for the past 7 years and has full service records for that time. There's a little bit of rust on the front quarterpanels, but I thik they can be replaced. I still need to have the car carefully inspected by a mechanic, but it appears to be in fine condition, with no rust that I could see on the undercarraige and and no damage to the exterior. I must say that I do quite like the appearance of the car, and I've heard great things about the reliability of the cars built on thw W123 chasis and with the m110 engine, but I'd appreciate any comments anyone has to make on either the modle in question or the price I've been offered it at. cheers.

BTW, I live in Victoria BC, which, if you're not aware of it, is a haven for older cars because little snow falls during the winters and the roads are never salted.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Go for it...

300000 kilometre [km] equivalent to: 186420 miles -

Any records prior to 7 years ago? Pull up the carpet in the foot wells look for water or rust; check the trunk for water, rust, etc. Have the mechnic check her out and go for it. Welcome to the family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.