Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing a USED 2000 S430, what options should I look for, any problems w/ 2000?...

Oh yea I found one w/ 28kmi, for $56, you think that's a good deal?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check the A/C, suspension system, how leather has worn.

We have a 2000 S430 with only 10K miles on it .. you should be able to find ones with less use. They had a few service bulletins that I would check the history on the car for before buying. If you ask MB, under warranty, will replace entire A/C system since they had trouble with it; but its a huge job. They have made several minor changes to imporve the car's quality recently for 2001 & 2002 model years. Face lift is coming in two years, I always think waiting for the facelift is the best solution since all the kinks are worked out; but if money is an issue I would suggest waiting for the new E-class. Then again, it all depends on your expectations of quality. Rear A/C is helpful too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Thinking about purchasing a USED 2000 S430, what options should I look for, any problems w/....

Looking for Brilliant Silver/oyster<br> is that yours?<br> I'm in San Diego

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
I bought mine for $46k. It had 55k on it. I am the second owner of the car.

Go for s5...

I bought mine for $46k. It had 55k on it. I am the second owner of the car.

Go for s500, or a s430 with all the features of s500.

·
Registered
s430
7 Posts
s430s and s500 are 99% same thing imo. better mpg in 430 though.

I have one that is pre...

s430s and s500 are 99% same thing imo. better mpg in 430 though.

I have one that is pretty nicely modded, its 69K and year 2000.
About 10K in exterior/interior (no performance) mods to it.
http://members.cardomain.com/apricotscrub

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
The only problem I have heard about the 2000's is sometimes the suspension blows but it sh...

The only problem I have heard about the 2000's is sometimes the suspension blows but it should be fine with so little mileage.

·
Registered
S55Kompressor
9 Posts
Got a s430 bought 2nd hand saw a print out of all the work done on the car, its only ever ...

Got a s430 bought 2nd hand saw a print out of all the work done on the car, its only ever had regular servicing, oilchanges, new brake pads etc. 44,000 miles now and no problems at all

There is very little to choose between the S500 and S430 test drove both, the S500 is a bit quicker 0-60 6.2 secs 500 compared to 7.0 secs 430, and the running costs seem fairly similar.

I'd have prefered a 500 but I would go with whichever has the right spec for you at the right price.

We bought s430 because it had the right spec it has.
Comfort Climate front seats and dynamic multi-contour front seatbacks, nice but not essential they give you a little massage.
Xenon headlights are good,
Multi CD Player, quite nice
Voice activated phone, quite useful

All these things bumped up the price when new but we got them all at a bargain price :D

Some have the AMG body kit and wheels which does look good,as said above the electric rear seats and the 4 zone climate are good.

Parktronic is really useful, we had it retro fitted as my wife (and me !) scuffed the bumpers a couple of times.

All the S classes are good cars

·
Registered
mb 2000s430
5 Posts
forget it,,,its a dog car and year of make,,,the 2000 s class just has way too many prod...

forget it,,,its a dog car and year of make,,,the 2000 s class just has way too many production problems,,,got for at least a year 2002 or later ,,,

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts
The price sure came down on this model . . .

When do you think it will tank ?

Maybe less than 20K ?

Red, *<:){)-

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
Wow, is this an old post!!! From 2001!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts