Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was thinking about buying the '02 CLK 430 from a person who is selling it for $43,000. He says it has the Platinum Package and Navigation System. It has 6,000 miles and he says is in perfect condition. Since this is my first MBZ purchase, I was wondering if anybody could explain the options to me and also the pros and cons of this car. Thanks, [:)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like a very good deal, i paid more than that for my 2002 CLK320 w/o Navigation.

sounds like a very good deal, i paid more than that for my 2002 CLK320 w/o Navigation.

I don't know what the Platinum package is but it sounds "expensive" [:D]

Sounds fishy though for that low of a price. Did he lose his job or something and desperately need the money. Have it checked out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a search on the Platinum Package and couldn't find anything on it....Does anyone o...

I did a search on the Platinum Package and couldn't find anything on it....Does anyone own a '02 430? If you do, can you please let me know if you have any problems with it, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG
5 Posts
I looked in my 2002 brochure for the CLK, and there's no such package listed.

I would guess that it's either some dealer-installed package, or someone at the dealer told him that one of the packages has this name. The packages are:

K3: Sunroof, pwr rear sunshade, rain sensing auto wiper

K4: Xenon headlights w/heated washers, heated front seats

K2: 6-disc CD changer, Timeport phone

K2A: K2 with voice control system for phone

Good luck!

·
Registered
01 E55
62 Posts
If the car checks out, its a very good deal! I've heard "Platinum package" in reference to...

If the car checks out, its a very good deal! I've heard "Platinum package" in reference to an non-Mercedes extended warranty. Maybe thats what it means.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to go see the car today....looks great, has the navigation system and integrated ca...

I went to go see the car today....looks great, has the navigation system and integrated car phone. It doesn't have the Xenon lights, though, which I really wanted and the heated seats as well. [:(]The car was in perfect condition, but the guy selling it seemed too eager to get rid of it, and it just smells fishy to me. I'm giving him a call tomorrow, but will probably bring a mechanic to check it out.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
I have a 99 CLK 430 that is Black on gray That im going to eithor sale or trade on a new...

I have a 99 CLK 430 that is Black on gray That im going to eithor sale or trade on a new / bigger Benz.

It has the K2a K2 and K3 package, sunroof, rear sun shade, Then the parts i have done are H&R springs, Eisenhaus race exhaust, Pro1 light bulbs, (look like hid) in all the lights. 19 CL AMG 5 spoke chrome wheels with 2 new 235-35-19's Nittos. The rear has a 265-30-19's. THe car also has double limo window tint. which i can take off if you would like it.

I think you have to cut and paste
http://community.webshots.com/album/30433619mIIXdedPYk
http://community.webshots.com/album/31313531njTnbAnyFg

·
Registered
CLK 430 2001
2 Posts
Re: I have a 99 CLK 430 that is Black on gray That im going to eithor sale or trade on a new

I have a 99 CLK 430 that is Black on gray That im going to eithor sale or trade on a new / bigger Benz.

It has the K2a K2 and K3 package, sunroof, rear sun shade, Then the parts i have done are H&R springs, Eisenhaus race exhaust, Pro1 light bulbs, (look like hid) in all the lights. 19 CL AMG 5 spoke chrome wheels with 2 new 235-35-19's Nittos. The rear has a 265-30-19's. THe car also has double limo window tint. which i can take off if you would like it.

I think you have to cut and paste
http://community.webshots.com/album/30433619mIIXdedPYk
http://community.webshots.com/album/31313531njTnbAnyFg
Kerr would you be willing to sell the 19" rims.?
Let me know.
Thank you
Gilberto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.