Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes C300 | 2005 Yamaha R6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been in the market for a new vehicle the past few weeks. I came across an 08 C300 sport with 49k miles on it certified by Mercedes for $24,999 (Internet price). The nice thing is that because its certified, it has a 1% APR for 60 months, and 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. Unfortunately this is not a 4-matic model, so it is RWD. I live in the Chicago land area, and the snow season can be pretty harsh out here sometimes. Luckily, the car has brand new all-season tires on it. I have never driven a RWD vehicle in the snow before, so i am unsure what to expect. If i threw some sand bags in the trunk, you guys think that would be sufficient, or would snow tires be a must?

Also, this vehicle does not have navigation installed (somewhat of a turn off), but the bigger turn off from what i have been reading is that the Ipod integration is limited to the steering wheel counsel.

I spoke with the car salesman, and he informed me that they have an Ipod integration kit for about $500 installed to integrate the Ipod to the command (function from the command wheel, as well as display on the screen). Can you guys confirm that this is correct? How hard is this device to install myself (im pretty savvy with this king of stuff).

Also, is there anything that i should be looking out for, or be concerned about with this model / year? What about routine maintenance (i.e. Oil changes, brake changes, etc.)? Is this something easily capably of performing in my garage?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
MB calls that a W204 and you should find that forum (scroll down from here and look in the sedans section). Check the threads for things to look out for, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes C300 | 2005 Yamaha R6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Musikmann,

Moderator - Please delete this posting accordingly.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts