Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to pick up an SL500 for a while, and I had finally decided to take the plunge and I've found several in the 1994-1996 range with low miles that interest me...<br> <br> Then today I saw a 1995 E320 Cabriolet and I'm intrigued with it. Anyone have experience with both cars?<br> <br> I have a 300E which I am keeping as well as an OLD 450 SL which I am also keeping (told my wife I would be buried in that car last time she suggested 'selling it or giving it to those people on the radio')<br> <br> If I get the SL I would have to add those awful jump seats in case I ever need to take my kid somewhere and the 300E isnt readily available. In Kali they have rules about kids under 12 in the front seat of the car, I'm told (maybe I need to read that law for myself though).<br> <br> Any ideas? I would be most appreciative. I am not considering the SL320 because I really like the additional power from the 500... <br> <br> Should I just ask the wife if I can get both? ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You should ask your wife and get both!! But in a realistic world, where you can only pick one: go for the sl, have fun, treat yourself, they're the best cars in the world from my point of viem. Go for it, it will give you back a hundred time what you give him and you will never regret investing more than in a 320 cabrio. Anyway, it's your pick, let us know what you get your hands on.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the SL500

:)<br>
<br>
How could I not have gotten it, right??<br>
<br>
It's quick enough that I have a constant smile on my face. Before this my daily driver was a 300E that I'm also keeping, so I really didn't want the E series cabrio for now.<br>
<br>
Now that I'm loving the bigger V-8 how do I talk the wife into trading in the 300E for a 500E???<br>
<br>
:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I got the SL500

Ha!, great..hope you find yourself a great sl...<br> About the E500, nice pick..but what do you think about talking her into a 560SEC or the newer s-class coupe, damn great cars, let me tell you..their really hard to beat..and the prices are going down. Anyway, let us know when you get your sl..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Forgive me, I did'nt catch that you already got your new sl, what year,color,options?. Great isn't it..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

SL500 IS SIMPLY THE BEST, I MYSELF HAVE ONE, WHITE AMG PACKAGE, AT FIRST I WASN'T SURE IF I WANTED THE CAR, I USE TO BE A BMER GIRL, BUT AS SOON AS I DROVE IT, IT WAS SOLD. MY HUSBAND DIDN'T HAVE A WORD TO SAY ABOUT IT. SO MY ADVISE IS LET HER TAKE THE CAR FOR AN HOUR SO SHE CAN GO FOR A RIDE, WITH ALL THE LOOKS SHE'LL GET, SHE WILL WANT THE CAR FOR SURE, WHERE I LIVE NOT A LOT OF 22 YEAR OLDS DRIVE 500SL'S AND I LOVE THE ATTENTION.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts