Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking car in for service to dealer tomorrow as I think I need new brakes. 40,000 miles on car, currently squeaking ...Question: A. how do I know I need them and B. what exactly will I need - brake pads, rotors, senors, on front and backs? I got quote from Mavis (just called) to compare - and they wanted about $600 for all 4 brakes. They told me that I have to replace rotors, senors and pads on 06 C350 ....is that right? I just don't want to get ripped off tomorrow when I bring car in. Any advice would be great - thanks

·
Registered
08 C350 Sport, Mars Red. 04 330i ZHP
34 Posts
40k miles on your car and you just now need brakes. easy.. your rotors are fine. replace the front pads. On my last 3 BMWs, I put front brake pads on at about 15k miles but rotors only about 50k miles. I am hard on brakes due to being a late braker and track days but based on your numbers I'd say pads only for you, rotors are good for another 20k miles.
Plus, since about 75 percent of your braking is on the front, I'd say your rears are probably fine for quite a while. My current BMW (330i ZHP) has almost 50k on the rears and they are just now reaching their life's end. That's after 6 track days and numerous hard braking stops at almost every opportunity. Unfortunately, I just added my C350 to the stable so I can't talk to how my new Merc eats brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts