Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to AM talk radio and stopped at Home Depot to pick up a couple of items. When I got into the car and started it up, the display was for 740AM but the sound was from 106.9FM, which I was listening to earlier in the day. Doo deeee dooo doooo.

Also, does everyone's information center display the AM station numbers?? Mine only displays the FM station numbers?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Mine displays both correctly...no gremlins there...but I don't have COMAND...[:D][8)][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I found one funny bug in the COMAND. If you burn certain type of mp3 on a CD into the root folder, they sometimes get stuck. By stuck, what I mean is that even if you try to change to another song, it will continue to play the current song until the end. If you then change to a radio station, you can get the radio station to display in the song menu screen.

weeeeird. Hope they'll have a software fix for this in the future...

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
Shinigami - 5/11/2005 10:14 AM

I found one funny bug in the COMAND. If you burn certain type of mp3 on a CD into the root folder, they sometimes get stuck. By stuck, what I mean is that even if you try to change to another song, it will continue to play the current song until the end. If you then change to a radio station, you can get the radio station to display in the song menu screen.

weeeeird. Hope they'll have a software fix for this in the future...
I think this is down to the quality of the MP3. I have played around with this recently after having the same problem.

If I create MP3s at 320Kbps and 48Khz along with other things as high as possible (depending on the application you use) then COMMAND really doesn't like it. It will play the tunes but jumping between tracks seems to take forever.

Now if I use 160 - 192Kbps it seems to work so much better.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Yeah, I think so too. Maybe it has something to do with VBR (variable bit rate) coding, if it jumps up and down, this confuses the COMAND system (and many other players on the PC and cars too...)

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
The other thing I have found that confuses the MP3 decoder in COMAND is the inclusion of other data in the ID3 tag. If you embed Images like I do with my MP3s in iTunes, you WILL have issues playing the MP3 corectly.

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
CP1 - 5/11/2005 9:45 AM

Hey, no thread hijacking allowed! [:D]
Hehe... In that case, for goodness sake, what were you doing @ home depot with that car! [:D]

Just kidding, I have been to the home depot with mine as well. I always get stares though.

I will say that I have had two instances where the driver display was not in sync with COMAND. Both times were playing a CD and I was changing tracks rapidly. I figured that it was a momentary blip on the data bus that didn't carry the info to the next device. On the next track change, it was taken care of.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 5/11/2005 9:26 AM

The other thing I have found that confuses the MP3 decoder in COMAND is the inclusion of other data in the ID3 tag. If you embed Images like I do with my MP3s in iTunes, you WILL have issues playing the MP3 corectly.
Never thought about that... but then again, I never embed images. I do have other ID tag data, but just the song names, group names, genre, etc... hasn't caused problems so far, but images might very well cause something strange to happen :\

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Had something similar yesterday - Comand would keep playin the same MP3 track over and over. I could manually change track, but when the track finished Comand would just start playing it again.

Solved the problem by ejecting the DVD and re-inserting it.

The tracks on the DVD were all VBR but none in the root directory.

Only problem I have noticed so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts