Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, I took the air cleaner assembly off to tighten the u-tube and find where the block drain is in prep for a citrus flush this weekend. I found the metal tube that attaches to the bottom of the air cleaner (that I assume channels oil from blowback to the engine block) laying completely slack. when I wiggled it, I found that it was not attached to anything! Where is this supposed to go? Damned winter dark day took away my chance to find out where it is supposed to be attached. This also explains a loud rattle that I have heard.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This weekend, I took the air cleaner assembly off to tighten the u-tube and find where the block drain is in prep for a citrus flush this weekend. I found the metal tube that attaches to the bottom of the air cleaner (that I assume channels oil from blowback to the engine block) laying completely slack. when I wiggled it, I found that it was not attached to anything! Where is this supposed to go? Damned winter dark day took away my chance to find out where it is supposed to be attached. This also explains a loud rattle that I have heard.
Hi
About halfway down the drain tube you should have a strap-like clamp & bolt to hold it steady. The tube should also have an o-ring at each end. Very tight place to work in there.
Good Luck,
Joseph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
jkubica
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing