Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML55
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my drivers side windows stopped working, due to this I took a part my center console to do the window switch fix.

Could I have possible interupted something that makes the NAV antenna function? It worked 10 days prior to me taking the center console a part (I hadn't used it in a few days).

To be more specific the NAV unit functions fine it just can't see any satellites, so I'm thinking somehow I disconnected the antenna from the unit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
200 Posts
Did you remove the entire center console? If you did, theres a chance you disturbed the CAN BUS adapter or the VSS link to the MCS. I don't know how you would have hit the antenna, as the splitter for it is behind the dash (or under the seat, depending on the year).

Grab one of the DIY posts on how to install NAV in your car that is year-specific, and go thru the steps to install, reseat all your connections, and pray.

Ian

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
I would reset the unit by disconnecting the battery and let it do a reset. I had the same problem and I reset the unit and then the I received the satellites.

·
Registered
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
1,284 Posts
pize98 - 4/20/2005 11:33 AM

I would reset the unit by disconnecting the battery and let it do a reset. I had the same problem and I reset the unit and then the I received the satellites.
Or pull and reinsert fuse #21 to reset. Works for me. [;)]

·
Registered
2001 ML 55AMG
1,158 Posts
If you send me your email address I can sen you a detailed copy of the NAV retrofit so you can check all your connections.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
candrews - 4/20/2005 5:49 AM

Last week my drivers side windows stopped working, due to this I took a part my center console to do the window switch fix.

Could I have possible interupted something that makes the NAV antenna function? It worked 10 days prior to me taking the center console a part (I hadn't used it in a few days).

To be more specific the NAV unit functions fine it just can't see any satellites, so I'm thinking somehow I disconnected the antenna from the unit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Maybe your antenna ripped off? I remember a similar report a while back, and then he found, well, something was missing in the rear... [:)]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
azinn - 4/21/2005 1:42 AM

Or got to FM station

PRESS MUTE + 1 + 3

There you will find a number of menus where one of them is called RESET

·
Registered
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
1,284 Posts
miroj - 4/21/2005 3:46 AM

azinn - 4/21/2005 1:42 AM

Or got to FM station

PRESS MUTE + 1 + 3

There you will find a number of menus where one of them is called RESET
No MUTE on my MCS. [:(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts