Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a letter that I got in my Email today. Pfft.

FROM THE DESK OF BERNARD CHISOM.
ACCOUNTS & AUDIT DEPARTMENT,
HALLMARK BANK NIG PLC(HMB)
POX 3452 OJO ALABA
AJANGBADI ROAD.

ATTN:STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I do recognize the surprise this urgent but confidential letter brings to you, especially as it came from a stranger.

I am Mr. Bernard Chisom, the head of Accounts and Audit Department of Hallmark Bank Nig Plc In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of US$25.150m (Twenty five million, one hundred and fifty thousand United States Dollars only) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers Mr.Abram Clark, who died along side his wife on the 16th Fabruary 1998 in a Chinese plane crash.

Since we got the information of his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin to the deceased as indicated in our banking guide. Since then I have made several enquiries to his embassy to locate any of his extended relatives. But this has also proved unsuccessful.

I have contacted you to assist in ecuring this money before they get
confiscated or declared unserviceable by my bank. It's therefore, upon discovery that I decided to make business with you and release the money to you as next of kin or relation to the deceased for safe keeping and subsequent disbursement, since nobody is coming for Government's account as unclaimed bill.

Note that,it does not necessarily matter,whether you are biologically
related to the deceased or not. As you may bear with me, a next of kin could be blood relation, business associate, friend or even a well wisher. So,whether you are related to him or not is never a barrier to realizing this transaction.

The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that if such an account
remains dormant or non-operational after a period of Seven (7) years, the money will be transferred into banking treasury as unclaimed fund.

However, attempts has been made twice by the Government Agency concerned to confiscate this account since the expiration of the five years if not for my intervention as the head account and audit dept.as I have always told them that the next of kin has been in touch with us.The request of a foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner.If you are going to help me, indicate by replying this letter and putting in your.

PHONE NUMBER...

FAX NUMBER.....

CONTACT ADD....

Please be honest to me. Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of the fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as the next of kin to the diseased. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you the text of application which you will fax to my bank.

Note that this transaction requires utmost confidentiality,and I am assuring you that it is 100% risk free So you need not be afraid. I expect a positive response from you soonest.

Best regards,
Mr. Bernard Chisom.
Accounts & Audit Dept.
HALLMARK BANK NIG PLC

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Now I bait the hook................

got that one too!! More from my cretin friend....

adrian wrote:

Well, the check arrived today, I took it to my bank and DISAPPOINTMENT.
They said it is HAND WRITTEN, not printed in security ink and they would have to send it out to their International bank Security Department in New York for verification before they can credit to my account----about 2 weeks they told me. further, they can’t convert to HUF-(Hungarian forints) as this is not a currency they can write checks in, in Florida.
So my other deal to buy the Picasso in Budapest hangs while they verify. I took it back from them…..
Perhaps you can get your friend to send another 2 checks, one for Euro 2000 in HUF, the other for $US 4000 and I will send you the balance as promised. If they can be drawn on a US bank,it will be better.
Thanks,
G

Hello,
I am really disappointed to hear that the cheque can not be withdrawn now until verification...,but i am sure the cheque is okay...but i will instruct him to send you another cheque.
I do not understand what you mean by writtimg 2 cheques now..?if he send 2 cheques to you (2000 euros cheque and $4000)..what amount are you going to transfer back..?Please let me know and how the names can be written on the cheques.
Hoping to read from you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Alex.

I replied......
Same name-GUNTHER TOODY, one check for euro 2000, convert this to HUF,please,,the other for $ 4000.I will then send you the balance of $2500.this will allow me to do my deal in Budapest,sell you the car and then happily send you the balance.

By the way,the Picasso is a FANTASTIC opportunity to make money-I’ve found an old family friend of Picasso who has a HUGE pile of simple sketches,signed,that he wants to cash out.He’s sending me one,as a sample for euro 2000,and has probably 500 more at this price.If your up for an investment of half,ie 500,000 euros,we could probably resell them for 10 times that,!! These are the REAL thing---some on cards,some on serviettes,some on cardboard-these were made by Picasso and gifted to friends and family in return for food,drink and smoked (and drugs!!) My contact,Alfredo,even says his father let Pablo stay with them when he was down and out so I KNOW we are looking at the real thing.

Gunther.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Actually kept one going for 26 pages,many weeks,had his guy go to London airport,WAAY across town to meet my "wife".....when they called me to bitch,told them she was arrested at customs for carrying currency and small amounts of drugs for personal use...never heard from them again!
A

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
I get two or three e-mails like that a week at my work e-mail address

They are all variations of the "Nigerian e-mail scam". The spam filter at work gets everything but those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts