Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think like a lot of people I wanted an easy and relatively inexpensive replacement for my stock front w124 speakers. I did not want to buy the expensive Rainbow drop in kit. I went to the guy who put a Blaupunkt Brisbane in my 1992 300TE, and he was able to put in a set of Apline SPS - 400 for 90.00 installed. No modifications were required. It's a 4" speaker. The magnet is bigger than the stock, but if you remove the bit of insulations they put around the stock speakers they just fit. They sound very good too - particularly if you still have the stock bass spealers in the door.

I also highly recommend the Blaupunkt Brisbane. It's 145.00 and all digital - USB, SD card, Aux in, no CD. Best of all it is one of the few radios that has a look as it if could have come with the vehicle. It does not have a lot of lights and stupid led stuff. I had my installer route the USB connector to the ashtray. I open the ash tray, plug in a stick and close it. The combination of two types of digital media is excellent. I can switch between USB and SD card almost like changing CDs.

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Thanks John for that info. Question for you- I have ipod music on my hard drive. Can I copy those files into a usb device and play without the ipod? (I have a different radio, but usb ready)

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
I've been researching, but can't tell if there's a stereo out there that will interface with the iPhone and still maintain all the functions of the phone. I've heard that some of the stereos will allow the iPod functions of the phone, but automatically place the phone in airplane mode (no signal). I'd love to play my aps, especially Public Radio which can access dozens of public radio stations around the country. But at a bare minimum, I need to still use the phone. Any ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
My iphone works as an ipod with the Alpine ?100 and ?001, but I haven't tried anything apps. Any common aps already on my phone that can answer this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some steroe heads will control the iPod and oters will not. The Brisbane is not designed specificalyl for the iPod. Copying files over form an iPod to a USB will work if the files are in a format the player will recognize - typically MP3

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
I've been researching, but can't tell if there's a stereo out there that will interface with the iPhone and still maintain all the functions of the phone. I've heard that some of the stereos will allow the iPod functions of the phone, but automatically place the phone in airplane mode (no signal). I'd love to play my aps, especially Public Radio which can access dozens of public radio stations around the country. But at a bare minimum, I need to still use the phone. Any ideas out there?
Zeit,

I'm stealing the image of the wagon. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts