Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My thermometer is wildly off. Sometimes about right; more often indicates 4 degrees celcius too high. My previous car (328i) was perfect, so it CAN be done. Anyone notice the same?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My previous exp. with MB is the thermometer is a ballpark thing. Never rely on that as real temp. gauge. Don't know where BMW places the probe. MB puts it beside passenger side foglamp. So ground heat will affect the temp.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Thermometer

Not true. My thermometer in c320 says about<br> perfect. Checked zillion times against <br> thermometers located in the various places and<br> on the various locations in the city (a lots of<br> them here). Maximum difference was +/- 1C. So<br> i believe that this case is faulty sensor<br> or intermittently bad contact (experienced that<br> in C280 W202). And also there is a very<br> sophisticated algorithm for updating this display<br> to avoid things like wind chill factor or heating<br> up from engine. They cared about all the things.<br> In technical manual, there is a two page explaination how this wild thing really works :)<br> <br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts