Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romney: Iran will obtain nuclear weapon if Obama is re-elected | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Not only are the vast majority of our elected officials in DC unethical, immoral, corrupt and in many instances deranged, but then every four years we have to put up with this. Really. "If you re-elect him, we will be attacked with a nuclear weapon. If you elect me, we'll attack them first because they're bound to attack us sooner or later".
Where have we heard THIS one before?
Ron Paul's looking better and better...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
Ron Paul is not without major flaws:

'Ron Paul is also a Creationist. While this in itself doesn’t run over individual liberties, he does take a position that would directly harm our children; he wants to ‘teach the controversy’. Teaching Creationism alongside evolution waters science and the scientific process down. One side, evolution, uses a vigorous process of scientific review, empirical testing and observation, and direct natural evidence, all consistent with science, which is the study of the natural world. Creationism uses the Bible, supernatural explanation, and a use of God to fill in what we don’t understand. Using the God of the Gaps to justify Creationism essentially renders science over; if God did everything we can’t figure out, why try to figure it out? Every attempt by Creationism to get scientific recognition has rightly failed. Ron Paul, if he truly wants to fix our nation, needs to support education, and that includes science and allowing scientists and science teachers to do what they does best, which is teach and do science'.

Continue reading on Examiner.com The problem with Ron Paul - Detroit atheism | Examiner.com The problem with Ron Paul - Detroit atheism | Examiner.com

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The only intelligent sounding response was Huntsman:
"I say this nation's future is not Afghanistan. This nation's future is not Iraq," Huntsman said, to little applause. "I don't want to be nation building in Afghanistan when this nation needs so desperately to be rebuilt."
The worst were Bachman and Cain:

Meanwhile, Bachmann and Cain both said if they are elected they would approve waterboarding as a way to interrogate potential terrorism suspects.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point being: every four years our selection of available candidates is more and more like choosing your favorite one out of these:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mick, I would say to Cain and Bachmann that if you want to allow waterboarding, then YOU are going to have to do it. See how anxious they are to approve of it afterward.

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
My point being: every four years our selection of available candidates is more and more like choosing your favorite one out of these:
Absolutely true - but even those guys appear to have basically the right idea. :beerchugr:

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what it'll take for Huntsman to get more traction, but I hope it happens.
I agree, but I believe it was said in another thread that taking that POV makes one "unelectable"

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Ron Paul is not without major flaws:

'Ron Paul is also a Creationist. While this in itself doesn’t run over individual liberties, he does take a position that would directly harm our children; he wants to ‘teach the controversy’. Teaching Creationism alongside evolution waters science and the scientific process down. One side, evolution, uses a vigorous process of scientific review, empirical testing and observation, and direct natural evidence, all consistent with science, which is the study of the natural world. Creationism uses the Bible, supernatural explanation, and a use of God to fill in what we don’t understand. Using the God of the Gaps to justify Creationism essentially renders science over; if God did everything we can’t figure out, why try to figure it out? Every attempt by Creationism to get scientific recognition has rightly failed. Ron Paul, if he truly wants to fix our nation, needs to support education, and that includes science and allowing scientists and science teachers to do what they does best, which is teach and do science'.

Continue reading on Examiner.com The problem with Ron Paul - Detroit atheism | Examiner.com The problem with Ron Paul - Detroit atheism | Examiner.com
Paul's religious views directly contradict his libertarian views on a number of points. He is also a pro-life fascist. If it wasn't for his utter contradiction of himself in this area, millions of civil libertarian Democrats would vote for him, it is at essence, what makes him a perennial loser.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Not sure what it'll take for Huntsman to get more traction, but I hope it happens.
He's in the wrong party. Conservative Democrats are currently badly represented, and liberal Republicans, well, they no longer exist, if Huntsman switched parties he would actually find a base. Hell, I'd vote for him in a minute. He's the smartest guy up there.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
Mick, I would say to Cain and Bachmann that if you want to allow waterboarding, then YOU are going to have to do it. See how anxious they are to approve of it afterward.
I was being tended by my dental hygienist last month. The combination of being tilted back in that chair in what felt like a "head lower" position and the flow of water from her pic gave me a most unpleasant sensation of drowning. Once I realized the similarity, I practiced controlling my panic and gag reflex to see how endurable it was. Granted, it was a mere trickle compared to having a gallon of water poured onto a towel covering my face but with practice, or daily waterboarding, I bet it could be mastered.

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
No, they should all be made to undergo water boarding repeatedly, 15 times daily for a month to prove that it is not torture.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
He's in the wrong party. Conservative Democrats are currently badly represented, and liberal Republicans, well, they no longer exist, if Huntsman switched parties he would actually find a base. Hell, I'd vote for him in a minute. He's the smartest guy up there.
I completely agree - he would have a much better chance as a Democrat, and would make the best president of the lot.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts