Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
W116/W126
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my old profile wasn't the only thing that failed...so did my eyesight[:0][xx(]

Serves me right though, unfortunately[:(]

·
Registered
78s 240D&300D (w123s)
2,403 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats was the only w126 I've ever seen the shoots flames out of the tail pipe! Well you can always get it fix, but we can never get another Nomada! At least your okay![:I][V]

So, whats the story...[V][:(]

·
Registered
W116/W126
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right, not terminal
I've taken it pretty well I think, considering all the time, care and effort I've put into it

Far more importantly though, my son who was in the car with me is thankfully, fine
He's was a little shook-up and tearful, though physically ok, I, on the other hand, have a very sore neck and back, not from the accident but from trying to rip the bumper away from the wheel enough to drive home
The driver of the other car is also thankfully ok, a very nice, understanding guy too

It didn't feel like an overly violent collision, the other car, a Mitsubishi Lancer showed little sign impact on the rear bumper but is severely buckled in the centre, it actually looks as though it has been hit in a side-on collision, very odd considering from my chair it was a pretty serene event, I hardly felt a thing

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
ooohhh ouch, who messed up you or him

·
Registered
Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
1,296 Posts
glad everyone's safe mate...funny how the side of the headlight isn't smashed at all! Strong euro clears!

·
Registered
2007 E350 Black/Tan
136 Posts
Ooooouuuucccchhh! [:0]

I am hurting for you! [:(]

It's great that you are okay!

You have another task ahead of you! You can do it![:D]

"No challenge for Nomad!"

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Ouch, That sux... But you and your kid, and the driver of the other car are all ok... You say the other car buckled in the middle?? I think that other car was a cut-n-shut... Your good 'ol PANZER will be up and running soon...

Rich

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Oh, that's too sad to look at. [:(] At least it's nothing too serious.

·
Registered
1996 C220 Elegance / 1991 190D 2.5 / 1991 300SEL
118 Posts
bummer, but hey get it fixed and good as new.

my late father borrowed mine once and only a few yards down the road, he hit a Mitsu Lancer!
Bumper was scraping the tyre + broken corner + knacked wiper motor.

anyway, it was fixed and I didn't blame my dad.

"Shit happens"

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Glad to hear you and your son are fine.

Take care the next few days and relax.

The metal will get repaired in time.

cheers
talbir

·
Registered
W116/W126
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good advice^^
Thanks for the kind words fellas
No doubt she'll be up and running very soon

·
Registered
1982 380 SEL
235 Posts
Ouch! I'm sorry that had to happen to you, but I'm glad that it wasn't too major and that nobody got hurt. It could have been much much worse.....

Good luck getting that panzer back into prestine condition!

·
Registered
89' 300SE 80' 240D
616 Posts
I second what everybody else said. Glad you and your son are fine. It reminds me of my accident when i hit a deer. I guess this where the U.S spec bumper comes in handy maybe?? It did in my case.

·
Registered
1999 S600 W140 and 2002 S55 AMG W220, (previous: 1989 560SEL and 1995 / 1996 S500)
4,223 Posts
what a shame nomada. That sucks man.[:(] How much will it cost to fix?

·
Registered
W116/W126
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Insurance is covering it
I've already dropped it into the body shop though I don't yet have an assessment
There may be one good thing to come out of this, they'll possibly repair a noticable dent in the passenger door which has been there a while and if I'm lucky the shop may be able to source the front bumper and possibly even the sidings from a 2nd gen 126
The guy who took care of it noticed that I had removed the ribbed side panels (trying to smooth them over myself) and said he could include them if I wanted and if he can get hold of some from a 2nd gen
2nd gen parts are very rare round these parts, so it's doubtful, though I'm hoping

That would mean back to the drawing board for my homemade front airdam though

Thanks all, Damon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts