Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

661 - 664 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
I used to have your get up and go, but my get up and go got up and went. So now I'm content just following your progress. (y)
You think your get up and go went, when I built this car this would have been 3 days of work.

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
Had to do a lot of chores for the wife today so not much done. But I did get the wire harness re-routed and my fan came in. So I now have the radiator in position but not connected yet. Tomorrow, I should be able to run the car and do some electrical system checkouts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #663
Radiator is fully installed and serviced. I had to fix something else I broke on my fuse block, that's done. At this point all under hood work is complete with the exception of the windshield wipper motor installation. I have to finish up under the driver side dash before installing that. Tomorrow I can start testing the electrical system before going any further. At this point I can put the steering wheel back on and drive around without a dashboard and center console, which I will probably do to test out the ABS system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Yesterday I ran the car and got it up to temperature. Tested the lights and all that can be tested with the dash out. So far all seams fine. So now I'm at a point where I started the problem is fixed the car runs and I could throw it back together and once again claim ignorance is bliss, and probably drive it around without and issues. But just because I fixed one problem, I still need to address all the other problems that are lurking in the wires. Everything that happened so far only effected the 107 wire harness. Now I need to make sure the same doesn't happen to the 129 side of the wire harness.

I have this group of relays and fuses from the 129 harness that have been tied up with tie wrap for the past 13 years. They gave me no problem but they look like an accident waiting to happen. So I need to make a proper fuse and relay block to hold these. To do this I have made two blocks that represent the total size of the relay/fuse block with components installed. I need to find a place to mount 1 of these blocks under the dash on the driver side. The short block is the absolute minimum, but it would be nice if I could find room for the long block, which would give me some expansion capability.

I'm kind of in the mode where I don't know what to do next. I still need to install the windshield wiper motor and parking break pedal, but I don't know if they will be in the way of installing the fuse/relay block. So the plan is as usual, do something and then do it over if need be.

Attachments

661 - 664 of 664 Posts