Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ML430 - sold
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my MY2000 ML430. Its has covered nearly 91,000 miles. I've owned it from new, it has all the latest mods / upgrades / recalls performed and is 100% mechanically and electrically.

I've just put it on Craigslist in San Diego

Mercedes Benz SUV ML430

I'm asking $12600 - pm me if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
I get the feeling it'll be picked up quickly. Good luck and hope you don't find a buyer because we don't want you to leave - well, you never said you'd leave. So, what's on the short list, 63 AM Hammer-G???

·
Registered
ML430 - sold
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put in on Craigslist and someone is on their way down to take a look at it right now. Looking at what they're going for locally on autotrader.com I figure my price is fair for the mileage and condition etc. So we'll see.
Probably going to get an Audi A3 or A4 wagon - most likely on lease, which will be a first for me.

As for a Cayenne - nice SUV but a gas guzzler and not what we need right now !

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
timf said:
Put in on Craigslist and someone is on their way down to take a look at it right now. Looking at what they're going for locally on autotrader.com I figure my price is fair for the mileage and condition etc. So we'll see.
Probably going to get an Audi A3 or A4 wagon - most likely on lease, which will be a first for me.

As for a Cayenne - nice SUV but a gas guzzler and not what we need right now !
I think you'll be fine. Just watch the mileage with the lease. Three cars and you still averaged about 16K/year with the 430 - better than my record, by far. Most leases allow12K/yrear, so watch out for that. Otherwise, the Audi is a great vehicle. I love th Cooper - probably next for me whenever I can get rif of my 240K+ 1989 Z Turbo which still runs great!!!!

·
Registered
ML430 - sold
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it looks like the ML is provisionally sold, just waiting for the $$$.
You wouldn't believe what the Audi dealer offered me in trade against an A4 !!! Suffice it to say I said I'll sell it privately - and they wanted full MRSP for the A4.
Now we're thinking of selling the Mini Cooper S or trading it in against a BMW 3 series wagon - we really don't need 3 cars when there's only two of us driving.
Looks like the Mini has retained it's value really well - at least according to KBB :)
In a way I'll be sad to see the ML go, but after nearly 8 years of ownership I guess it's time to move on.......

·
Registered
ML430 - sold
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI Darkman

Well the deed is done I no longer own an ML.
I tried to trade it in, but the trade in was only $7500 ! Clearly the dealer did not want an old ML. So I sold it for $12300. Probably have gotten a little more for it, but I was happy as was the new owner.
Was quite sad to see the old girl go - I hope the new owner takes care it as well as I tried to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts