Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i just got my licensee 2 days ago I'm half a month late but w/e. i've talked to my dad and i don't like bmw's i want to go with the car that me and my family have been raised in so i want a mercedes.

what do you guys think is a good first car, I'm a pretty experienced driver, i started driving about 2 years ago so a fast car isn't an issue.

i was thinking of the c 300 - 63 depending on if the 63 is marked up or not.

what do you guys think i should get

also can you guys list to me reasons why the c 300 - 63 is better then the bmw's 328i - m3???

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
Experienced in 2 years of driving? yea right. Daddy's going to put down $54 grand for you to drive a brand new C63 so you can wrap yourself around a telephone pole? Good luck with that 'licensee'.....what ever that is?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
^^^What he said. You'll screw yourself over in a C63 even though you have two years of experience :)rolleyes: ). Do you have any racing school experience to handle that kind of power?

Where do you live?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no racing experience other then video games which i know doesn't count . i've been driving without my license for 2 years and i haven't gotten caught which i think says i am a safe driver.

I'm not really looking to speed just to pick bitches up ^^ mercedes > bmw when it comes to that :p

my dad doesn't buy car's he leases them and he gets a good deal on mercedes because he's been with them for 14+ years

live in Los Angeles Cali

but these things shouldn't matter. i just want to know which is a good first car, and why it is better/worse then the opposing vehicle

c300 vs 328i
c350 vs 335i
c63 vs m3

also can you get an AMG package on c300/350 and how much more is it as an option

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
no racing experience other then video games which i know doesn't count . i've been driving without my license for 2 years and i haven't gotten caught which i think says i am a safe driver.
I think it says quite the opposite. I don't think you truly understand the danger of a high performance vehicle in the hands of an inexperienced driver. I have two years of driving experience (all 20,000+ miles of them legal) in all four seasons. In ice and snow, my 4Matic is very tail happy. I've successfully recovered myself in situations that could have ended up very badly had I not had some sort of experience with it. Are you prepared to say that should you accidentally nail the throttle in a turn and ESP would be off for some reason? I could say I could handle a C63 driven 9/10ths, but then I'd be lying.

I'm not really looking to speed just to pick bitches up ^^ mercedes > bmw when it comes to that :p
This just shows your lack of maturity, and as a result, possibly lack of reasonable judgment to handle an M3 or C63.

my dad doesn't buy car's he leases them and he gets a good deal on mercedes because he's been with them for 14+ years

live in Los Angeles Cali

but these things shouldn't matter. i just want to know which is a good first car, and why it is better/worse then the opposing vehicle

c300 vs 328i
c350 vs 335i
c63 vs m3

also can you get an AMG package on c300/350 and how much more is it as an option
The sport package for the W204 isn't sold as a package per se, but rather they're available as C300 Luxury, C300 Sport, and C350 Sport sedans. Test drive them all and see what you prefer.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
So much entertainment value in one thread . . . ;)

I guess the kids are on summer break.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Actually, the only thing it says is that you have no respect for the law.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
I would go with the C350. IMO it looks way better than the 3 series.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Are we supposed to take this thread seriously?:) What the heck, it's only money...

·
Registered
'04 Black CL500, "06 White ML350, '98 Red Boxster
124 Posts
Well hell.. If Dad says moneys no object I would opt for the C63 with shiny new helmet and racing harness... May as well do it right..

·
Registered
2000' CL500
66 Posts
When I was your age, I was taught that no matter how much my parents were willing to spend for my car, the "best car" for me was whatever car that I could afford from my own pocket.

I did get my BMW in high school for graduating near the top of my class and getting a scholarship to U.C. Berkeley. But even then I felt embarrassed for not being able to get this car with my own efforts.

It's not my place to impose on you what you should do with your car but if your parents are willing to be generous with you, I'd recommend getting something with less power. The C300 or 328i may even offer too much power for you. There's a reason why insurance companies charge so much money for drivers under the age 25, not to mention those who are under 21.

I am sure you have already read threads in this past year about that kid with a M5 who got himself killed along with a few of his friends. In my opinion the kid's parents are just as much responsible as the kid himself, as they should have known that raising a child is a lot more than simply dumping money on them.

Besides, if you start young with a C63, there will come to a point in your life where your parents are just not going to provide you with anything. It'll be awfully very difficult for you to step down to something that's less expensive and less powerful.

Start lower and aim high. You'll eventually get that best car that you could ever dream of at one point of your lifetime.

Jon

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
Well while I have to agree that a massively powerful car would be a bad idea for a new driver, I also say that the insurance companies are evil as hell and charge way too much for young drivers. I think it is at 23 that insurance rates go down, what the hell, thats 7 years. I have a perfect driving record am more cautious than the stereotypical teenager, mostly due to the fact that if the 300E is wrecked then it is totalled by the insurance company because of its very low value (I love that warm safe feeling that having insurance gives you). I can understand elevated rates for young drivers, but its beyond elevated, its insane.

As for you wanting a poon car, I would have to disagree with you, most of the girls I know love the new 3-series as if it were liquid sex, its a total chick car. Have fun with whatever you do, be safe, drive with judgement and use condoms.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
I also say that the insurance companies are evil as hell and charge way too much for young drivers.
Since insurance companies have to price on a statistical model rather than each individual customer, the teen driver demographic is far and away the highest risk segment, not only for fender benders, but also for serious injury and fatalities.

One demographic that should also be a "high risk" sector are senior drivers, but their risks are offset by fewer miles driven, the speed at which accidents occur and usually on driving during daylight hours, which is almost opposite to the behavior of teen drivers.

Parents of teen drivers or adults under 23 should look into companies that reward good grades, low claim history or other "good driver" discounts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts