Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sunroof

So my sunroof on my 2002 s class will not shut. I don't know if it will pop up because I just pressed the button yesterday morning to open it completely. When I attempted to close it later it would not close. I tried the button reset that the u-tube video had, but with no luck. So I should try this battery trick?

Thank you

·
W220 Moderator
1,129 Posts
Try the reset ( easiest) , then battery disconnect ( next easiest ) Then, regardless of results, take a look in the W220 Encyclopedia and search sunroof, look for posts showing how the tracks should be cleaned/lubed. May stop the problem from happening again if you were successful in getting it to close properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sunroof on my S CLASS W220 2001 wont close properly.

It opens fully ok and slides back properly . It also tilt opens ok.
When I close it with one touch or full touch it slides close from back to front and opens up into the tilt position as it should and when it comes down to close fully it stops about 1 inch from close in tilt position.

I cant see any obstructions, and have tried the reset thing......holding open button for 2 secs in position 3 (tilt)

I have managed to get it in the close position by fidlling with the open/close button but the car still thinks it's open .........close sunroof warning message......when I take the key out !!

I took the key out the car when the sunroof was open if that is any help? The problem started after that

Any ideas folks ?? :crybaby2:

thanks
Did you ever get this resolved? The sunroof on my 04w220 makes this drilling noice and doesn’t open at all.. I was thinking it could be the motor but not too sure on how to even get it removed. What do you think my issue could be?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
12 Participants
tusabes
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing