Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The sunroof on my S CLASS W220 2001 wont close properly.

It opens fully ok and slides back properly . It also tilt opens ok.
When I close it with one touch or full touch it slides close from back to front and opens up into the tilt position as it should and when it comes down to close fully it stops about 1 inch from close in tilt position.

I cant see any obstructions, and have tried the reset thing......holding open button for 2 secs in position 3 (tilt)

I have managed to get it in the close position by fidlling with the open/close button but the car still thinks it's open .........close sunroof warning message......when I take the key out !!

I took the key out the car when the sunroof was open if that is any help? The problem started after that

Any ideas folks ?? :crybaby2:

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 02 manual says:

The sliding/pop-up roof must be resynchronized if the
power supply has been interrupted (battery
disconnected or low), the sliding/pop-up roof has been
closed manually or the sliding/pop-up roof does not
open smoothly or malfunctions.
•Press the switch in the “raise”(3) direction, wait
until the sliding/pop-up roof is fully raised at rear
and hold the switch for approximately 1second.

This is the switch on the overhead panel, not the key fob

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The 02 manual says:

The sliding/pop-up roof must be resynchronized if the
power supply has been interrupted (battery
disconnected or low), the sliding/pop-up roof has been
closed manually or the sliding/pop-up roof does not
open smoothly or malfunctions.
•Press the switch in the “raise”(3) direction, wait
until the sliding/pop-up roof is fully raised at rear
and hold the switch for approximately 1second.

This is the switch on the overhead panel, not the key fob
I have tried the reset and no luck. I have also lubricated and checked for any blockages.
I will try the manual key wind behind the overhead lighting panel cover.

Failing all above I am stumped :eek:

Tried the key wind ...........no luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had the same problem

AF-1

I had exactly the same problem, and gave up eventually i disconnected the battery for 30 mins and it reset to learning mode......... Just remember to ensure that when you disconnect the battery to ensure that the metal key works or leave the boot open, and a door/window.

Good luck and let us know if you find a fix for it?

Regards

TPP

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
The problem lies in the OCP Overhead Control Panel. When he disconected the battery he cleared the fault code and all, I assume, went back to normal after re sync.

You really need to have the fault codes read out to find out what has happened with the OCP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sunroof

AF-1

It did fix the fault, but ERIC is the MB Oracle and i would take his advise as well, my view is... if it is a reaccuring prob get it fixed by the professionals.

Regards

TPP

·
52,804 Posts
AF-1

It did fix the fault, but ERIC is the MB Oracle and i would take his advise as well, my view is... if it is a reaccuring prob get it fixed by the professionals.

Regards

TPP
One question there, has it done it since you did the disconnect and re sync?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sunroof

Eric

Lucky for me ,it has not, but it has only been about 2 weeks now, mine problem was slightly different it would stop half way when opening and when closing would lift all the way, i read in the manual about the resync but with no success, I then resorted to the disconnect.... which solved the problem..... But a new one occured Aircon 1000 error code that is for another thread though.

Thanks

TPP

·
52,804 Posts
Eric

Lucky for me ,it has not, but it has only been about 2 weeks now, mine problem was slightly different it would stop half way when opening and when closing would lift all the way, i read in the manual about the resync but with no success, I then resorted to the disconnect.... which solved the problem..... But a new one occured Aircon 1000 error code that is for another thread though.

Thanks

TPP
Two weeks is long enough to say there was no serious problem so you were lucky and AF1 maybe lucky too:thumbsup:

·
52,804 Posts
Forgot to ask,

when I disconnect the battery, how long should it be disconnected for, and what will I need to reset apart from the Sunroof ??:confused:

thanks
About 20 min should do and you will need to reset the sun roof and windows. Oh and the clock.

·
52,804 Posts
Thanks Eric, I will let you know when it stops rainiing !!
Don't ya just hate life when it rains at the wrong time:D I hate it when it starts to storm just before landing and I am only a passenger, god only knows how the pilot feels:(

·
52,804 Posts
Too busy looking at the instruments. Windows are for wimps :D
Put yourself in the passengers shoes, they only have windows and prayers:D

The first time I had to play nav for the pilot in an Army Helicopter, he got so pissed at me and put the helicopter in hover and said ok SMARTASS, do I turn left or right:cool:

Trying to remain :cool: I said Port captain Port and he said OH we are in the freakin navy now are we and are those power cables I see to port:eek:

OK my days in nav were finished and I went back to fixing helicopters:surrender:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mark

Hi I have had several problems like this, mainly several times power closing has failed and this exact sunroof problem. I have found that removing the relevant fuse and re-inserting you get an audible click and all is reset. I hope this helps. My first message thanks for letting me have a say. Mark.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
12 Participants
tusabes
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing