Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Sultan of Brunei’s Mercedes-Benz S73 T AMG

Now this is some serious madness. Everyone knows the Sultan of Brunei is mad about cars, but there’s just something about being THIS mad and having the kind of money he has that will result in beasts like these being made.

This is the Mercedes-Benz S73 T AMG, a special edition made to the Sultan’s specifications. He ordered not just one, but ten of these. You basically take a W140 Mercedes Benz S-class, convert it into a wagon, slap what looks like a W140 600SEC nose on, and somehow plonk a 7.3 litre M120 E73 V12 DOHC engine into it, the very same engine that AMG builds for the Pagani Zonda C12S. This engine makes 565 horsepower at 5,900rpm and 750Nm of torque at 4,500rpm.

Other AMG parts have also been fitted, including the exhaust system, brakes, suspension, interior, and in case the Sultan ever gets bored of the sound of the V12, he can always listen to the custom fitted Sony in-car entertainment system.

It isn’t the most powerful S-Class around though – the new W221 S65 AMG makes over 600 horsepower from it’s twin-turbocharged 6.0 litre V12 engine.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
The Sultan of Brunei’s Mercedes-Benz S73 T AMG

Now this is some serious madness. Everyone knows the Sultan of Brunei is mad about cars, but there’s just something about being THIS mad and having the kind of money he has that will result in beasts like these being made.

This is the Mercedes-Benz S73 T AMG, a special edition made to the Sultan’s specifications. He ordered not just one, but ten of these. You basically take a W140 Mercedes Benz S-class, convert it into a wagon, slap what looks like a W140 600SEC nose on, and somehow plonk a 7.3 litre M120 E73 V12 DOHC engine into it, the very same engine that AMG builds for the Pagani Zonda C12S. This engine makes 565 horsepower at 5,900rpm and 750Nm of torque at 4,500rpm.

Other AMG parts have also been fitted, including the exhaust system, brakes, suspension, interior, and in case the Sultan ever gets bored of the sound of the V12, he can always listen to the custom fitted Sony in-car entertainment system.

It isn’t the most powerful S-Class around though – the new W221 S65 AMG makes over 600 horsepower from it’s twin-turbocharged 6.0 litre V12 engine.

i actual like the way that wagon looks. Its just like that one guy in Armenia back in 1998 that bought 10 w140s all tuned by brabus v12 6.9 and fully armored. for his bodyguards he got s600 fully armored but the car he traveled in was the w140 with the v12 6.9 plus a couple years back i was in armenia and i remember seeing one of those and being amazed it only had 8,000miles

Btw the only reason why the s65 is over 600hp is thanks to those turbos. the new e550 is 400hp(after ecu remap they can probably boost it up to 500hp). i would take a 7.3 v14 natural aspirated engine any day over those turbo v12s

·
Registered
562 Posts
You got to love car guys. Especially car guys with unlimited revenue.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
... i would take a 7.3 v14 natural aspirated engine any day over those turbo v12s
Yeah, there is something to be said about doing it the good old fashion way...go pure cubic inch (or cc's the metric way...but it sounds cooler quoting engine size in 289, 302, 350, 351, ...love saying 427 chevy...426 cubic inch hemi...Ford 429 hemi...and freakin 440 cubic incher....OMG...ok, back down to earth...we are in an MB forum after all...)

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
I read somewhere recently that he and/or his brother were selling off his car collection because the bucks weren't pouring into the coffers like they used to. A lot of his exotics were being marketed through some broker in Singapore.

He's at it again, huh?

Maybe he hit the lottery...:D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sedan with that front end would be sweet

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I believe the cara are actually Brabus. Built 15 or 17 in total several of which are "locked away"

·
Registered
582 Posts
I read somewhere recently that he and/or his brother were selling off his car collection because the bucks weren't pouring into the coffers like they used to. A lot of his exotics were being marketed through some broker in Singapore.

He's at it again, huh?

Maybe he hit the lottery...:D
One of them is certainly for sale:
1/43 1991 MERCEDES BENZ 1200 SEL (W140) Sultan of Brunei Stretch Limousine | eBay
:D

Also a good read:
http://www.star-lounge.ca/index.php?topic=99.0

http://www.floridagerman.com/forums/showthread.php?1103-List-Sultan-of-Brunei-s-Complete-Car-Collection&

"....MER 1200SEL NONE WDB1400572A047677..." Love to get a read on that VIN hehe

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Love Estate Wagons!

Talk about the ultimate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts