Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...in the instrument cluster's array of menues was one intriguing find in a recent rental C 200 CDI which I had in Germany. You could use it to limit top speed to (I believe) 160/190/210 km/h temporarily for the use of snow tires. Among other things, it also allows to activate/deactivate the auto-lock feature, DRLs, the diesel's additional electric heater, to adjust the duration of the foglight's and the interior light's delay time, and to specify functions of the left hand toggle switches in the steering wheel in audio mode. Stupid of me to not have taken any pix, grrrr...<br>
<br>
Are these options available on US-versions, or is this an Euro-specific handling mode?<br>
<br>
Tarik

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since my experience with C-Classes is rather limited, I didn't know of any secret menus, but I am referring to the ones you can access with the <b>page</b> and <b>arrow</b> buttons in the steering wheel. Looks standard to me, maybe there is a difference between the sedan and the Coupé?<br>
<br>
Tarik

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can set many things via the cluster computer, however no Speed Limit function for the U.S.

At least on the Sedan.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tarik, sigh, yet another feature that our MBs here don't get...

even the MLs have it over in Europe! You can limit the maximum speed and when you reach it, the vehicle won't go any faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts