Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL 500
290 Posts
Oh so racism's over now? What a relief. Now we can finally attack crime, corruption, poverty, imperialism, what have you.
lol, my exact thoughts. i guess Obama's election victory has had an unpredicted side effect, 50-100 year memory loss!

·
190E, SLK350
66,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Aren't you supposed to be grading exams right about now?
I did, got more on the way and I have to file for accreditation stuff which is very confusing. I also have the Capstone (engineering design) which is going to kick my butt this weekend; it takes on average FOUR hours for me to read through each one, evaluate then grade it (the good ones). I have ten of those but I can count on the crappy ones to go real fast as I simply red ink each page with big X:eek:
After this I am free for a month to build the master bathroom for my bedroom suite. How's your plumbing skills?

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,185 Posts
I did, got more on the way and I have to file for accreditation stuff which is very confusing. I also have the Capstone (engineering design) which is going to kick my butt this weekend; it takes on average FOUR hours for me to read through each one, evaluate then grade it (the good ones). I have ten of those but I can count on the crappy ones to go real fast as I simply red ink each page with big X:eek:
After this I am free for a month to build the master bathroom for my bedroom suite. How's your plumbing skills?
I hate to paint but I would paint an entire house before I try to plumb another bathroom!

As for the grading, lay the bad ones on the garage floor and sprikle a bit of catnip on them. Dip the kitties' paws in red ink and let them loose. Tell your students that if they had worked harder, they would be able to understand the comments you made for them in red.

·
Registered
59 Posts
lol, my exact thoughts. i guess Obama's election victory has had an unpredicted side effect, 50-100 year memory loss!
Maybe 50 to 100 years ago, racism might have been an issue, but not now my friend. Minorities biggest problems aren't white people, it's lack of education, drugs, and motivation. Blame can't be diverted. Look in the mirror!:rolleyes:

·
190E, SLK350
66,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Maybe 50 to 100 years ago, racism might have been an issue, but not now my friend. Minorities biggest problems aren't white people, it's lack of education, drugs, and motivation. Blame can't be diverted. Look in the mirror!:rolleyes:
Actually that's very true

edit: the last part is

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
I tried not to come in on this thread, but after reading this, I must ask are you that fucking stupid, to say racism is not an issue. How many Black people do you actually associate with enough to know what happens. Its 1,000% obvious to me that your not Black, nor have you grown up in the hood. So please before you say there is no excuse stop with your ignorant rant. Yes rant, because I read your statements, and they shore as hell sound like a peeved little kid who says, "OK FINE" to much.

Relax and do your research. You need to find out about the social climate of said environments before you start shooting your mouth off about whats an exceptionable emotion by a population of people. You need to find out when the books where made that minorities are basing their education on. You need to find out the health habits of said communities before you start mouthing off. You need to find out the social stresses and family environments before you start mouthing off.

This is the only way you can actually create a positive judgment and assessment of a populations tribulations. I have news for you MY FRIEND, RACISM STILL IS AN ISSUE, but as I have advocated plenty of times, its up to that individual to look pass the bullshit and rise above it.

·
Registered
2005 SL 500
290 Posts
LMAO. people kill me when they say something like this. YES things are getting better in this country and i appreciate my fellow Americans of all races who respect and judge every man according to his deeds.
lets put slavery to the side, if you think 100+ years of economic, social, and psychological racism has and will disappear because of 1 man's rise to the white house, then id love to move into that bubble your living in. i truly believe in one's taking full responsibility of their course in life and decisions they make but to ignore negative policies and actions over a long period of time designed to produce negative results is not reality. African Americans have to struggle with reversing the negative impact that these long term policies and attitudes have cause in their community.

so yes it is a waste of time playing the blame game at this point but don't expect what took over 100 years to create to disappear overnight!

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
i truly believe in one's taking full responsibility of their course in life and decisions they make but to ignore negative policies and actions over a long period of time designed to produce negative results is not reality. African Americans have to struggle with reversing the negative impact that these long term policies and attitudes have cause in their community.
This is exactly how I feel. I created a thread which got shut down (thank you mods) because people couldn't understand why for a split second I wanted to celebrate the progress we made, much like what Kill Joy is/was trying to express. But, on the flip side, Kill Joy has expressed this sentiment in a way a that comes across as if Racism is expunged from the ever day social climate of Black men and Women. And also when you use the term Minority you have to include mutliple races not just African Americans. I can honestly say I see racism leaning slowly towards being Social Discrimination and not just being about race, and there are 1,000's of people who feel social discriminated against.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Talk to the Dutch and French

This is an interesting link to a database of data collected during the shameful slave trade that was perpetuated against our African brothers.

Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
Your database shows that the Dutch, French and Spanish were the largest "importer" of slaves, and you say "We" and "our" brothers?

Dutch and French involved in the sugar and molasses trade were the folks who contracted with the African and Arab slavers to supply their bretheren to them as slaves.

Same as Dutch and French money interests colinized Africa and bled the Africans dry of their natural wealth.

Considering how the Dutch did the same in the Pacific and South America, just how did the US get all the blame?

·
190E, SLK350
66,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Your database shows that the Dutch, French and Spanish were the largest "importer" of slaves, and you say "We" and "our" brothers?

Dutch and French involved in the sugar and molasses trade were the folks who contracted with the African and Arab slavers to supply their bretheren to them as slaves.

Same as Dutch and French money interests colinized Africa and bled the Africans dry of their natural wealth.

Considering how the Dutch did the same in the Pacific and South America, just how did the US get all the blame?
Dude, WE are made of Dutch, French and other creatures

101 - 112 of 112 Posts