Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Euro 560SEL
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few month I have been on the hunt of trying to install the factory child tether anchor for my Euro 560SEL so I can properly install my daughter's child seat. Checking the Russian parts catalogue I easily located the factory anchor plate (1249840525) and cheaply available from local Mercedes dealer for around $3.70. However, what is missing the upper half of the mounting kits (ie. Mounting bolt, hook, spacer, etc). Before you think, why not just go to baby r us and buy those universal anchor bolt kit, the answer is no. Mercedes being Mercedes made the anchor plate size non standard to standard bolt size supplied by most of car seat manufacture.

Furthermore, no where does the parts catalogue mention the parts number for this kit. When I asked my part guy, who amazingly remembered there was such kit issued by Mercedes and what's more amazing was he remembered that part number off top of his head. So for those of you who is trying to install the anchor the part number for the kit is 1248600087. MB Canada charges $44.40 for this kit which consists of 1 anchor bolt, 2 spacers, hook for the tether and a cover cap. Admittedly this is outrageous price to pay, but I guess this is MB Canada's way of penalizing owners of US & Euro import who does not already have the kit installed in the car.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,799 Posts
Thanks for your work on this. Once I get a 126 again I will be after a couple of these kits. I never felt safe with the seat belts not locking and ratcheting like other cars.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,344 Posts
can u post pics of your parts, i think this is a great idea..currently when i place my daughters recaro signo in my car, i put it in the middle lap belt because the side belts never lock , theres always too much play in them

id like to get a better secured system in there for them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts