Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Undercover Moderator
2002 SL BRABUS 5.8 Silver Arrow; 1992 SL BRABUS B11; 1996 S Class diplomat ride
5,386 Posts
On the SVT he said he slipped or missed a gear and I think I actually recall him saying he should run 12's but I don't think he was faster than low 14's the rest of the day either so I didn't really believe him. Fake, maybe so, but his plate said "MYSVT" something like that. That would be even worse than changing emblems, lol
You like mustangs?
lol.... fake or real, win is a win........ good job....:D:thumbsup:

I'm not a real big Mustangs fan.... Some Mustangs are nice some are not..... But that Shelby gt500 is something..... pull like a mad train.......

Back in the old good days, I was looking to buy a new toy.
The contenders were.

Lotus.

Oldsmobile 442.

Mustang Shelby 400.

I needed trunk space.
The 442 won.

I made a mistake.
I should have bought the Shelby. :(

Regards,
aam.
Not to late....... The Shelby GT500 is calling your name......

Albert.....!!! Albert.....!!!;)

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts

I'm not a real big Mustangs fan.... Some Mustangs are nice some are not..... But that Shelby gt500 is something..... pull like a mad train.......

I was looking at one at the show saturday, and I suppose Id have to sit in one to know for sure, but I wanted to ask the guy "how the heck do you see the road?" The seating appears to be just a few inches from the floor and the hood looks real high. I was guessing you would lose 50-100 feet view in front of the car. That's critical to me because there is constantly small animals in the road here, for one. The SL doesn't seem very good for that either. I drove my ford ranger yesterday for the first time in a while and it just hit me how great the view of the road was for a change. (I'm not really short- 5-10 medium)
Regarding that orange and white 428 non shelby mustang, 66 I thought maybe, it must be pretty rare because I could not find a pic to post from the web. It's probably a " 67 428 cobra jet." But I didn't see any near as pretty or with the 428 emblem he said was original. In reading, the 390's were probably just as fast or faster and I had a friend with one of those. Her's was the fastback.
Hard to tell, ford had so many "secret" cars they put out and I don't think anyone cannot be surprised to find one they didn't know about. For example I just recently found they made a few early 60's t-birds with the 427 SOHC hemi 650 HP motor. I've seen that motor in a starliner and they are about 3 1/2 feet wide with 10-12" wide valve covers. Monsters!

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,541 Posts

My friend Tony,

Getting a Shelby in this forum, would be blasphemy.
Are you trying to get me in trouble?

Besides, I don't hear very well. Lol.

Regards,
aam.

·
Undercover Moderator
5,386 Posts
My friend Tony,

Getting a Shelby in this forum, would be blasphemy.
Are you trying to get me in trouble?

Besides, I don't hear very well. Lol.

Regards,
aam.
Get you in trouble nooooo.......:p

Just want to hype up Alex......:D It will be a good run..... Don't let us down Alex.....:)

Sorry for the off topic Alex.....

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
By all means please continue, I'm enjoying this smack talk :p

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
I beat a mustang GT500 SVT (whatever that is) at the track when I ran my [email protected] 103 in my green SL500.
They let me slide but it's an NHRA track and the rules are that you must have a helmet below 14
I had videos and I was going to post but I fried the HD they were on. I lost tons of vids.
I beat 7 of 10 cars that night on street night. 2 of the 3 I lost to were actually not street and had cages. The only stock one I lost to was a 90's camaro. Must have been an LT. He ran 13.3. Ken would have beat that one.
If I can reply to my own post : ) ) .
And, going from 14.2-14.5 to 13:98 -14.06 made all the difference. I would have only beat maybe 3 or 4 otherwise. Alot of street "rods" are low to mid 14's . I simply removed the cats for two straight peices. Left the muffler and resonator. You MUST run 91-93 octane also, at least in the V8. I found that out. Higher doesn't help, Lower is drastic in 1/4 mile times

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Me,
a couple captures from the vids I lost.
Thats a pretty hot cobra I beat
The other is my burnout, wish I could show you those vids. You would say how you do that? When I burn out everyone watches like I'm going to run a 6, lol It burns like a funny car. Rips forrward fast and unbleivable smoke for not just sitting there spinning.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Got the air boxes finished and took her out for a 1/2 hour drive... It actually idles better than before and feels more potent. Just need to do some more testing before I go hard on her.
I also painted the air boxes and engine cover today, and bought a Nixon 1080P camera/cam in order to post a clip. Expect it in the next couple of days.

·
Undercover Moderator
5,386 Posts
Me,
a couple captures from the vids I lost.
Thats a pretty hot cobra I beat
The other is my burnout, wish I could show you those vids. You would say how you do that? When I burn out everyone watches like I'm going to run a 6, lol It burns like a funny car. Rips forrward fast and unbleivable smoke for not just sitting there spinning.
Nice kill.....:thumbsup:

Got the air boxes finished and took her out for a 1/2 hour drive... It actually idles better than before and feels more potent. Just need to do some more testing before I go hard on her.
I also painted the air boxes and engine cover today, and bought a Nixon 1080P camera/cam in order to post a clip. Expect it in the next couple of days.
Alex, are you still running the SLR cams.....??

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

·
Registered
SL500, GLC300
1,689 Posts
wow you have done a lot of modding there. it sounds like you will reach the 600+HP no problem with the modding you are doing there.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
After nearly 2 years worth of waiting the car is nearly completed.
The AMG blower was giving the tuner a hard time but its pretty much dialed in just waiting for the dyno resiults.
Heres some pics of the car getting ready to be picked up by transport (from Huston TX)

WOT on the dyno:

Hopefully I'll have more updates real soon :)

Attachments

Reactions: wayneg

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 - 1994 SL600
935 Posts
I've been wondering what ever happened to your car after my initial trip to the tuners for you. Glad it's all being worked out.
Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I've been wondering what ever happened to your car after my initial trip to the tuners for you. Glad it's all being worked out.
Doug
Hey Doug, its been a while.
The car couldn't be tuned with anything smaller than 550cc injectors, so dialing in the part throttle maps took like forever. I just wanted the car to drive like a factory car with a smooth idle, rather than a shaky muscle car that idles rough.
I've been told its as smooth (if not smoother) than most AMG's he's tuned before, but I'll wait till I get the car back to comment.

Thanks again for the help bro, I owe you a beer or two. :beerchugr: ... or three :)

·
Registered
1993 600SL, 1973 450 SL,1998 SLK 230,2018 C300, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, 1968 Firebird,
5,308 Posts
Yikes ! That bastard sounds fierce ! Did they take out the speed limiter program ? Do you have anyplace you can run that thing to it's maximum capability without a cavity search and jail time ? I hope all this is not to race from stop light to stop light :grin Lets see some pics !

121 - 140 of 176 Posts